Sennheiser HD650 repair - feel burned - What's your opinion?
Jul 29, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadByDawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the part they call the head band snapped (dont ask) and i need to get it replaced.
It a very simple plastic piece. The phones, head padding, and another piece of plastic just slide and snap in.

I called Sennheiser, and the piece costs 95 dollars (not including shipping)!!!!!

The headband as a spare part is the complete headband including pad and the ends that hold the capsules - it's not just the plastic piece.

To replace the headband, all you do is to unclip the capsules from the old headband and clip them in the new one - it's as simple as that.

The price reflects the fact that it's the complete headband assembly and not just the plastic piece.

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #17 of 19
That makes a lot more sense. Unfortunate that you can't get the simple replacement part and fix it yourself, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadByDawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the part they call the head band snapped (dont ask)

You've tried to bend it! Confess it!
ph34r.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #19 of 19
The 95 dollars was for: that headband only (with the cheap piece of foam and plastic insert), me fixing it myself, and not including the shipping (which is ups ground and im sure that price is marked up too).

UPDATE:
Get this, If i send them my headphones, then its only 65 dollars + shipping both ways. So if i let them repair it, its 30 dollars cheaper. I guess thats job security for their repair department.
This is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back