Sennheiser HD650 or Momentum or others?
Aug 19, 2013 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

newbornears

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am looking for the upgrade portable headphone now, and i do some research Sennheiser HD650 and Momentum havng a pretty well comment in genernal. however i dont know if i compare to my exiting gear which would be better...:)

my gear:
player: AK100
Amp: Fiio Monbranc
headset: UE18pro, sometime my Monster beat pro.

i feel great on my UE18pro.. really love it.. beat pro is good on bass only.. but vocal really can hear not that good enough....

and i am looking for the headphone that can be much better than my UE18 pro.
L3000.gif
darthsmile.gif

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 5
The HD650 is not a portable headphone, rather, it is a full-sized headphone meant for home and studio use.  The Momentum on the other hand is a great portable, but it does not isolate that well.  Other headphones to consider would the the HD-25-1-ii and the V-Moda M80 or even the V-Moda M100 if you want more bass.

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
The HD650 is not a portable headphone, rather, it is a full-sized headphone meant for home and studio use.  The Momentum on the other hand is a great portable, but it does not isolate that well.  Other headphones to consider would the the HD-25-1-ii and the V-Moda M80 or even the V-Moda M100 if you want more bass.

The Momentums comfort, isolation, and even sound signature depend on how big your ears are and how good of a fit you get.  My ears are right at the border of being able to fit inside the cups and I get fairly good isolation and comfort.  The HD25-1 IIs definitely isolate more due to the clamping pressure which I never quite got used to when I owned them.  More aggressive sound profile as well.

To the OP:  I haven't heard the UE18Pros.  What about them do you like the most?  In general, there might be a portable that matches the sound signature, but unlikely the quality of high end custom IEMs.

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 5
i feel that the UE18pro are very suitable for me and i rreally live the sounds and its performance, in vocal, bass as well. it can cover most of the music that i listening... the bass is not muddy and bouncing the sounds even make me follow the music to shake my haed like this
L3000.gif

as peoples telling in here, maybe i am more suitable to get the V-moda M100. But i really dont know how is the sounds compare to Monster beat pro... if its similar... i dont want to waste the money to get the same quality headphone....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back