Sennheiser HD650 connector placement
Mar 29, 2006 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RTilbury

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am hoping to recieve my sennheiser HD650 headphones sometime this week. I cant wait to hear them, and hope were worth it for me to sell my 580s. My question is this; I will be using the clou red cable with them and would like to know if this cable will work fine with the 650s. As in will the connectors fit like they do in the 580 and 600s. Also i forgot which way the connectors must be inserted. Do the "R" and "L" letters face toward eachother or away from eachother. I know that one of the 2 prongs is barely bigger than the other, and I dont know which way they fit.

Thanks

Mar 29, 2006 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 3
Yes, the Clou Red, if it's the one for 580/600's, will be just fine with the 650's. I do not have a Clou, so do not know how the ends are labled, but if they are like stock or most other 580/600/650 cables, the letters R and L should face outwards (away from your head when wearing them).

Hopefully a Clou owner will chime in.

Mar 29, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 3
Well i got the headphones today and the clou fits perfect in the 650s. And the letters do have to face away from eachother. So all went well.

My first impression of this headphone is that they sound Amazing! I feel they have much more bass than the 580s, the do seem to sound more warm. I think the clou really sounds great on this phone, maybe the extra hi end rounds out this headphone.

I am already getting used the stiffness... but geez I sometimes feel like my headphone cable is making me handicap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back