Sennheiser HD650 amp - Corda Aria vs Marantz SR4600
Apr 11, 2006 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Headphony

1000+ Head-Fier
I have Senn HD 650's on the way from Germany and I also have my heart set on a Corda Aria to drive them. This is probably a no-brainer, but would the HD 650's be anywhere near fully satisfying straight from my Marantz SR 4600 av-receiver headphone out? I couldn't find any specs on the headphone amp on the Marantz website or documentation. Thanks for your thoughts!

Apr 11, 2006 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphony
I have Senn HD 650's on the way from Germany and I also have my heart set on a Corda Aria to drive them. This is probably a no-brainer, but would the HD 650's be anywhere near fully satisfying straight from my Marantz SR 4600 av-receiver headphone out? I couldn't find any specs on the headphone amp on the Marantz website or documentation. Thanks for your thoughts!

Hi there
This is funny as I was about to post a similar thread! I just ordered Senn HD 600 from UK and I have a Marantz SR 4400. Like you I could not find any specs on the headphone jack. I emailed Marantz and they just replied that it was capable of driving 300ohm headphones. Anyway, if it doesnt sound good enough I may have to look into a valve amplifier as I have always wanted to experience the valve sound - or swap for some cheaper cans!.

Apr 11, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by sydneyaudio
I emailed Marantz and they just replied that it was capable of driving 300ohm headphones...

I don't doubt it, I just wonder how much of the full potential of the headphones the av-receiver will be able to unleash. 75% maybe? I guess the thing to do is try and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back