[Sennheiser HD600]The serious problem of after-sale service in China!
Dec 15, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstar0021 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My German friend contact with Sennheiser by the phone last night,but sennheiser held stong attitude and asked me to connect with their Chinese deputies.It seems that we can't solve this after-sales service problem.Very disappointed.

Thanks for your attention!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

It's all about business. senn can't do anything in this case. talk to Artsound again if you want to.

the headband costs around 70USD in the US, I believe, and could be much cheaper in german. you may ask your friend if he could order one for you. senn's product is promised, they get an excellent after service in German according to what my friend said and they do good in US too.

Dec 15, 2006 at 2:53 PM Post #17 of 22
I feel so sad to hear this. I am from Hong Kong and an owner of HD650. My 650 has audio "pop" problem when playing some Cello music. I have read here that there is some design problem in the contact of the headphone 2 pin connector. Hence, I send the 650 (with the music CD that can discover the problem) to Artsound (same agent as China) and request them to check. But, their service is so bad that I have to wait for a month to get the HP back without any finding. I know my friend with Hd650 has this problem tool.

I feel so disppointing and hopeless with the Artsound too.

Dec 15, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe he is clean as what he does affects nothing.

you should have given him some useful suggestions rather than suspicion and scolding without any evidence or analyse of the whole thing. use your logic and your heart man.

I think you misunderstood me. I think this site should not be reduced to a Alternative Dispute Resolution forum, which goes to the intention of the OP.

Dec 15, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you misunderstood me. I think this site should not be reduced to a Alternative Dispute Resolution forum, which goes to the intention of the OP.

How can this forum be one? Hardly anyone on this site is in China, and no one here knows Chinese Laws. All we can say is it's a bummer if you have to deal with this Artsound company! We can also praise Sennheiser and say things will be different once they have offices in China.

Dec 15, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can this forum be one? Hardly anyone on this site is in China, and no one here knows Chinese Laws. All we can say is it's a bummer if you have to deal with this Artsound company! We can also praise Sennheiser and say things will be different once they have offices in China.

that's exactly my point. This forum is not ADR and never will be, unless Jude decides he wanted to make some extra $$$ doing ADR work..
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's exactly my point. This forum is not ADR and never will be, unless Jude decides he wanted to make some extra $$$ doing ADR work..
biggrin.gif

humm.....you've got a point. The lawyers on this site should be taking note! It might be behoove them to learn Chinese laws and set up shop in China! Since it's a new market for everyone else, why not lawyers!
eggosmile.gif
Though more power to a lawyer who wants to duke it out with the Chinese government
icon10.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #22 of 22
Hahahaha. I love China stories. Been here 10 years and its still the same. Read 'Mr. China' by Tim Clissold. Its about how a wall street banker blew $418M in China in the early nineties.

Darkstar, you should know better. Check all products when you pay for them. There's distributors, official retailers, and unofficial/shuihuo retailers. Its a retailer problem, not a distributor problem.

If you bought through unofficial channels like most people do for the lower price, there's absolutly nothing you can do except go back to that retailer and argue with them for 8 hours, disrupt their business and try to get them to pay up. I ran a department store before, the disrupting their business bit works well
smily_headphones1.gif
Make a big scene, get people to crowd up and block their booth/store front. The quieter way is to stand next to them for a day and tell every customer that approaches not to buy them here.

Unlikely you purchased from the distributor, as they don't sell directly to customer the last time I checked. So, if you got it at an official retailer, take your phones and receipt back and argue with them for 8 hours, disrupt their business and try to get them to pay up. Because they'll say, they sold you a pair of headphone and YOU broke them. (If they're nice retailers, you can always try the polite method, explain exactly what happened, and hope that they'll exchange a new pair for you.)

If the official retailor doesn't pay up, then all you can do is file an official complaint with Artsound about the retailer and try to force them to cancel their retail agreement. Highly unlikely to succeed unless you get 100 other people to do the same.

Artsound is not going to help you out. Broken head bands aren't exactly covered under warantee. You can state that when you opened the box, the phones were already broken, but you can't PROVE it. Its not that they don't have customer service (service actually is pretty good compared with other local distributors), its that they get so many calls/emails/letter/visits from unscrupulous people with broken stuff trying to get a free replacement that almost all warrantee issues are ignored. Warantee issues channelled through an official retailer WILL get a response...if you can make the retailer get off his lazy butt to make a phone call.

Its like buying a light bulb in the supermarket. The bulb sockets are there for you to test out the bulbs and make sure it works before you purchase it. Trying to return a non-working bulb is an exercise in frustration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back