Sennheiser HD600/HD6XX or GSP500/600?
Mar 6, 2019 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Jornel

Head-Fier
Hello guys.
1st of all sorry for my English and 2nd sorry if i´m posting this on the wrong place.
I currently use for gaming the Philips shp9500s with v-moda boom pro + sennheiser gsx1000 and i´m thinking to switch the shp for the Hd600/6xx and my question is can i use it with the gsx? because of the impedance of the hd600?
Is the hd600 and the hd6xx the same or is a diferent headphone?

Some people are saying to buy the gsp 500/600 insted because i will need a mic and the gsp are a little bit cheaper too.
Is there too much of a diference between the hd 600/6xx and the gsp 500/600 and is there any alternative to plug a v-moda boom pro into the hd 600/6xx (anthlon is a little expensive anda add a second cable)?

Thanks for help guys

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #2 of 2
I currently use for gaming the Philips shp9500s with v-moda boom pro + sennheiser gsx1000 and i´m thinking to switch the shp for the Hd600/6xx and my question is can i use it with the gsx? because of the impedance of the hd600?

It has high enough sensitivity, although the problem there is that USB powered amp circuits very generally have a problem with delivering voltage for 300ohm headphones, with the exception of a few like the Fulla2 (but even then it's not like it has the same output as, say, an AudioGD NFB-11).

It can still come down to whether the output is loud enough and/or clean enough for you, but there are other things to worry about more than the impedance for your particular application.

Is the hd600 and the hd6xx the same or is a diferent headphone?

HD6XX is based on the HD650. Slightly higher sensitivity but not by much.

Some people are saying to buy the gsp 500/600 insted because i will need a mic and the gsp are a little bit cheaper too.
Is there too much of a diference between the hd 600/6xx and the gsp 500/600 and is there any alternative to plug a v-moda boom pro into the hd 600/6xx (anthlon is a little expensive anda add a second cable)?

You're comparing very different headphones there designed for a specific purpose.

The GSP are specifically designed for what a gamer would likely plug them into, and despite soundcards and motherboards usually having a high output impedance, they still produce more power at low impedance. At the same time the headphones have a relatively high sensitivity (and not like the case of the AKG K501/7xx series where the impedance is low but so is the sensitivity), making them very easy to drive in terms of getting louder. They're likely tuned differently with more bass so even if the output impedance might result in trimming that there's still a lot left; if it does the opposite, having more bass for SFX in games and movies is less likely to be seen as "excessive" than if the same output impedance problem were to do the same on a headphone that people who listen to music on it primarily would buy and then complain that the bass sounds less like the "thumpthumpthump" of a bass drum and more like "THWUMMPTHWUMMPTHWUMMP."

Another possible tuning difference: bigger soundstage. The GSP series is a newer design and did not have to make the same compromise for precise imaging and response to the detriment of soundstage width if not depth as well.

If anything the advantage to spending more on a separate mic is that if you break it out of warranty you just replace the mic. But that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back