Sennheiser HD600 - buy another pair?
Feb 10, 2016 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GloriousLettuce

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm just interested on whether you think it'd be smart move to buy another pair of HD600. Had them for a few weeks now and absolutely love them. They're flimsy only for a few genres and all around I think these are just keepers.

Any idea if headphones such as these will be available in about 5+ years from now or will they turn to collectibles?

Just afraid of losing them some day. :)

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #3 of 6
I don't think that's necessary. Sennheiser has a history of keeping a working formula. The HD580 was replaced by the very similar HD600 and it has been in production for 20 years now. I doubt they would discontinue the HD600 unless they could produce a direct upgrade at the same price. It still sells very well and I predict will still be around for another five years minimum.

Feb 11, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 6
They are good, aren't they !

I don't think you need to worry, the HD 600 have had one of the longest (maybe the longest ?  ...not sure, but there's a subject for another thread !) production runs of any currently 'in production' headphones.  And they have been a pretty big seller for all that time.  Even if Sennheiser stopped production tomorrow there will be plenty of good quality used HD 600's available for years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back