Sennheiser HD598 replacement
Jul 14, 2017 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DUBS73P

New Head-Fier
So I bought the Sennheiser HD598SR on the crazy amazon prime day deal, they are absolutely fantastic and exactly the sound I was looking for, and they are also utterly useless to me!

I wanted open back headphones for a larger soundstage but they are so loud I can't use them at night as they keep everyone awake in the house

I'm preferably looking for an equivalent IEM or possibly an on ear if it's closed and wireless

Budget is up to £100 but ideally less as this will just be used with iPhone/iPad without any AMP initially

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #5 of 7
Depending for whom... To reviewer above (YT link) Cs is actually an upgrade from 598 open. In my opinion one isn't better than the other, but for DUBS73P it might be better for his preference since he doesn't want open, but something similar in SQ.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 7
Depending for whom... To reviewer above (YT link) Cs is actually an upgrade from 598 open. In my opinion one isn't better than the other, but for DUBS73P it might be better for his preference since he doesn't want open, but something similar in SQ.

That's a very unpopular opinion around here. Most people agree that the HD598 is a better phone than the HD598CS. I have both. The 598 is better.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #7 of 7
I don't see that, there are very few comparison opinions. Also owned both and preffered Cs, don't agree one is better than the other, same league for me, just for different taste

Users who are viewing this thread

Back