Sennheiser HD598 help.
Sep 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Vague

Head-Fier
Planning on getting these headphones for gaming but i am rather new to higher-end audio so i don't know if a sound card or get an Amp/Dac "Fiio e10" would benefit me more?

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #2 of 9
Fiio E10 offers zero surround sound for gaming (but would do for music audio).
Asus Xonar DG ($27), DGX ($36) or Sound Blaster Z (SB1500, $95) sound cards come with headphone surround sound.

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 9
My best friend has a pair of hd 598 and he has on of the astro wireless amps. I know it is probably not the best amp ever but he really likes the hd 598's the sound is very clean and clear as he describes it. He uses it for gaming as well. i just decided on a pair of dt 990 pro from Beyerdynamic I hope I made the right choice on that one. I know the hd 598's will be much better than standard gaming headsets.

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 9
  My best friend has a pair of hd 598 and he has on of the astro wireless amps. I know it is probably not the best amp ever but he really likes the hd 598's the sound is very clean and clear as he describes it. He uses it for gaming as well. i just decided on a pair of dt 990 pro from Beyerdynamic I hope I made the right choice on that one. I know the hd 598's will be much better than standard gaming headsets.

There really good headphones, well from what i have heard. Also i know the HD598's are good but i didn't know what to pair it with.

Sep 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #9 of 9
  What's a good sound card for the headphones then? I don't want anything too expensive.

The sound cards I listed before are to me the best value, for their price.
The Xonar DG is $27, and some places (Newegg) have a $10 mail in rebate, this month, for the DG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back