Sennheiser HD598 (Advice Request)
Jan 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

untouchablemike

New Head-Fier
Greetings, first post here!

I am actually looking into my second decent headphone purchase (my cans of choice to date have been Sennheiser HD280 Pro).  I am mostly looking for an awesome sounding set of cans for movies (and secondarily, games).  My research has concluded, and I've firmly decided on the Sennheiser HD598.  

My dilemma lies in that I know that in fairly recent times, the 598 has been significantly cheaper than what I can find listed anywhere (save the trading post, where someone has a used pair up for $170).  I am not well versed in trends of headphone pricing, and was wondering if someone could advise me on whether to wait, or just pull the trigger at the $250-ish mark.  I'd rather not wait until next holiday season; the reason I'm getting these cans is because the walls of my apartment are thin, and I can't have any kind of surround sound system hooked up to enjoy my movies/games.

Also, if anyone has a dissenting opinion on some great entry level open cans for movies/games, I'd love to hear it.  If the 598 isn't really my best choice, let me hear it!

Thanks so much.

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #3 of 3
yep, wait for price drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back