Sennheiser HD595 disappointing, Audio Technica M50???
Nov 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ipmaham

New Head-Fier
Recently bought some new headphones from gmcmage (not fault on his part. arrived quick and pristine. much appreciated) and to my surprise the headphones sound weak. Not too mention the leakage on their part is absolutely horrific. They are 80% as loud on the outside as they are on the inside. The sounds quality in general is not exactly "great" like the community kind of implied.  Not trying to give a review, just my two cents.

BUT... I was wondering if you guys could recommend any new headphones within the same price range? Preferably closed, because the open back seem like they lack the bass (which I'm not exactly a fan of). I was thinking about picking up Some ATH-M50's from Audio Technica and any others if someone could point me in the right direction. I heard the V-MODA's are pretty decent and offer good sound quality, but they look a little bit on the "hipster"side. So any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
ipmaham

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 4
1. They don't just leak, they pour out sound. I could turn the cones around basically have the same sound quality. I knew they were going to leak, but my god...

2. Well when my girlfiriend is asleep I hook the cable up to my Denon amp and will watch movies/play game that way, so I don't wake her up. And personally (this is just my taste), they aren't worth the money and still sound flat and spacey.

Thanks for you input though! Know of any good heaphones like the ATH-M50?

Thanks,
ipmaham 

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #4 of 4
If you want something closed with more bass and more 'attack' in general look into the UE6000.
Very modern design, and doesn't sound bad either. 

If you fancy digging deeper into the coffers, you could also consider the Sennheiser Momentum - although they're not so great for those with larger ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back