Sennheiser hd590 dissasembly -- how to?
Aug 29, 2006 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

m1k3-tets1

Head-Fier
hi
I seem to have a problem with a female cable jack in the left phone -- the sound dissapears from time to time. I checked the cable itself -- it's ok.
How can i disassemble the phone?
thanks

Aug 29, 2006 at 7:50 AM Post #2 of 5
The outer casing snaps off each earpiece if you pull it.

You can check the wiring from where the socket coms in in on the LHS through to where it connects to the connection posts by the driver driver, also you can gently ease out the driver and check the hair-thin wires that go from the cable posts to the drivers themselves.

I bought a pair for repair and I needed to resolder the connections and I also mended a break in one of the the hair-thin wires using silver conductive paint.

I think the ones I bought has been attacked by a dog (Teeth marks in the right ear pad!) , so hopefully the repairs you need aren't as drastic.

Simon

Aug 29, 2006 at 8:39 AM Post #4 of 5
thanks Simon, you are awesome!
gonna try that right now. As I understand, to access the wiring I wil have to release the 4 latches that fasten the black plastic grill thngy to the housing, right? Any danger the driver will go out by itself?
again, 10x and excuse my russian english

Aug 29, 2006 at 8:45 AM Post #5 of 5
The driver can be pushed out of it's housing, but I can't see it falling out. The metal mesh is only kept in place by the plastic housing, it isn't attached to anything.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back