sennheiser HD558 uncomfortable
Aug 26, 2012 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Diceair

New Head-Fier
Hi there.

I have the sennheiser HD 558 and after about 1 weeks of use it feels like the headset is pushing my head. I really thought this headset was very good and i must say the sound is great. I also don't know how to fit it on my head cause every position doesn't feel right. 

BTW it's the right side that hurts the most.

What should I do?

Thanks

Aug 27, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #3 of 28
Mount the HD558s somewhere that will stretch out the headband (just a little).

Aug 27, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #4 of 28
Quote:
Hi there.

I have the sennheiser HD 558 and after about 1 weeks of use it feels like the headset is pushing my head. I really thought this headset was very good and i must say the sound is great. I also don't know how to fit it on my head cause every position doesn't feel right. 

BTW it's the right side that hurts the most.

What should I do?

Thanks

Are you talking about the clamping force? If so, you could stretch these out more. 

I like to wear the 598s slightly forwardish. 

Aug 27, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #5 of 28
Quote:
Are you talking about the clamping force? If so, you could stretch these out more. 

I like to wear the 598s slightly forwardish. 

you can wear them on a thick pillow or something similar, and yes wearing it slightly forward will give a better soundstage too, experiment with the different sizes of the headband too as it can produce quite different results

Aug 27, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #8 of 28
thanks for the reply. appreciate it much. hope this helps as this is giving me such a headache that I want to hit a wall or something. For how long should I be hanging this.

Aug 27, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:
thanks for the reply. appreciate it much. hope this helps as this is giving me such a headache that I want to hit a wall or something. For how long should I be hanging this.

try to stretch it for a day, then wear it, then if its too tight continue stretching it on the apparatus you are using and keep it trying it everyday i guess?

Aug 27, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #10 of 28
LOL I though for only 30min will do it for like a day. you know the box it comes in when you turn it side ways I have it on like that to stretch it a bit so will that work?

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #11 of 28
Quote:
LOL I though for only 30min will do it for like a day. you know the box it comes in when you turn it side ways I have it on like that to stretch it a bit so will that work?

so are you using the depth of the box? width of the box? or height of the box (assuming the box is standing up front side facing you)

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:
yes the front side facing me that hang my headset by the sides of the box. So width. you can say ear to ear

i think that's a good width to stretch them, do check on them every now and them and also try them on to see if there is any difference

Aug 27, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:
another thing is I made the size as big as it can go put it on and then went smaller and smaller much better now but still not 100%

thats good to hear, i guess only thing left to do is to stretch it some more then ^^ after some time (maybe a day+? no idea) it should have soften up enough to fit nicely on your head

Users who are viewing this thread

Back