Sennheiser HD555 - My modest opinions
Jun 8, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #31 of 35

Quote:
iPod is pretty good for driving HD555 .. but if you want to spend some money and have PC, get Auzentech Bravura. Sound from this combination is really great.

And I agree that they are veerry comfortable, sometimes when my music stops I forget that Im wearing them. :D

Yea and that "tape" mod really helps.. removing that tape foam from them is good thing to do as fast as possible. :) Just make sure that you dont drop screws into drivers (or anything metalic). It would end them pretty fast.. 

Btw. they get better over time.. 

And about upgrades.. well, I would suggest same as for photography. Buy best you can right from start. If one buy 3000 USD combo (or more) right at start, he will actually save loooads of money, that he would spend on continual upgrades.. thought that doesnt mean that he wont spend them on upgrading that 3K rig too. :D

Did the foam mod two nights ago, good difference.

What about the HD228? Besides being a much more attainable price what's the general opinion?

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #32 of 35
^Probably; I look around a lot and do some clutch shopping during the holidays because of the little benefits like free shipping and slightly lower prices or smaller perks. 

Plus who doesn't love getting out of the house and standing in line for stuff at 6 in the morning? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back