Sennheiser HD518 Giving me a awful earache
Oct 4, 2016 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kamhagh

New Head-Fier
I bought my first high-end headphones a week ago, they were very comfortable! but after a week, my left ear starts to feel awful, I tried lowering and raising the earcup, I listen to low volumes and my left ear still hurts!

the funny thing is that I wore them for a lot during the first week, and the last 2 nights they cause me pain!
Should I put a pillow between them and let them get loose? it's funny that it's only the left ear, it' a weird kind of pain.
I keep pushing them back and forth but it doesn't help at all!
Any suggestions :frowning2:? I also feel like my ears kind of touch the speakers

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 4
I have the same thing happening with my left ear and I have the Sennheiser HD600, do you happen to have long hair that covers the ear? It helps me when I move my hair out of the way before I put them on.

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 4
I have the same thing happening with my left ear and I have the Sennheiser HD600, do you happen to have long hair that covers the ear? It helps me when I move my hair out of the way before I put them on.

Sadly I have short hair. I just found out the pain gets worse when I push my jaw or move my head around! I took the earpads out and gently put them around my ears, it still hurts!

And I like Arctic monkeys too :D

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 4
Sorry for the late reply! That is weird, i can't recommend any other solution, that is the weirdest thing, never had that issue with my old HD558 which are virtually the same, hopefully you find a solution! try reddit.com/r/headphones.

Arctic monkeys are great! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back