sennheiser hd497 unamped is better than the hd650.
Nov 3, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #16 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
You are entitled to your (wrong) opinion, of course. You are also entitled to a keyboard with a properly functioning Caps Lock key.

i used caps to emphasize my point strongly.interesting how you can talk like the almighty and pass judgement on me and condemn my opinion.it shows that you disrespect others opinions and right to free speech.sound is subjective.oh well!live and let live.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 3, 2004 at 12:20 AM Post #18 of 50
How am I using you as my scapegoat?

If you read my other post, I said that I have nothing against you, but that you need to word your titles better.

Also, I could proclaim myself the king of the world, doesn't make it true.

EDIT: HG, I just read your reply to MD, you're really blowing things way out of proportion. Using slanderous statements against us like that isn't gonna help you out.

Nov 3, 2004 at 12:25 AM Post #19 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonegeek
first of all i am not a troublemaker kirosia
mad.gif
i am new to headphones and am entitled to my opinion as others are so don't use me as your scapegoat!i am still learning and do not purposely create threads to create controversy for christ's sake!i ask questions to "LEARN!"IF YOU WANT PROOF THAT SOME MEMBERS HAVE CLAIMED THAT THEY FEEL THE 497 SOUNDS BETTER THAN THE 580'S OR 650'S MY PASSWORD IS ROMANCE. CHECK MY PRIVATE MESSAGES AND POSTS THAT HAVE BEEN SENT TO ME AND FEEL FREE TO INVESTIGATE IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME!
mad.gif

why don't you get yourself a pair of 650s and 497s and try them out?

Nov 3, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #21 of 50
i am completely new to computers and am know very little about them as i do headphones.instead of criticizing help a new guy who wants to learn.ok maybe i misinformed because i thought i had the right answers but i did not.haven't we all been there when we first started.making errors here and there....sincerely,headphonegeek.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #22 of 50
Quote:

am entitled to my opinion

I can't help but noticed that... this was exactly the point.
In none of your post have you ever posted your opinions, not even on phones that you suppose to own such as 497...

As pointed out correctly, your behavior, while not saying it to be true, is consistent with typical troll behavior that most of us has come to know... which is find a point of contention, drop a line and hide out and let the conversation carry itself and letting others do the talking.

You have consistently started post and abadon the discussion... You do not appear to be interested in the discussion, merely starting it and offer nothing either way...

Again, at somepoint, ppl just have to call it as they see it.

Don't like it, then be involve. Tell us your experience atleastwith your 497... tell us how they sound unamped, whether you feel they are weak or stretched and possibly what phones you have demoed and how they sound to your ear and offer us something more so I as a regular reader would read it with interest. There are many opportunities for you to be involve but so far, you have not chosen to be involve in any of the conversation you have started...

I too can go to a linux or a microsoft forum and simply state

"Linux > windows, please discuss."

shrug.

Nov 3, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #23 of 50
Quote:

i am completely new to computers and am know very little about them as i do headphones.instead of criticizing help a new guy who wants to learn.ok maybe i misinformed because i thought i had the right answers but i did not.haven't we all been there when we first started.making errors here and there....sincerely,headphonegeek.

Understood. Just try to relax, and when you start a thread title, ask as you would in real life. Try to remember, one person's (or a couple) opinion is always disputable against the majority (beit wrong or not), especially in a case like this. If it were more valid, ie. "Is this high-end can better than this high-end can " or "Do people really prefer this portable phone over that one, and why", you'd have a much better argument/response. There will always be majority opinions that can/may be construed as fact, i.e. "grados are very forward and intimate" or "Sennheisers have a large soundstage, better than many other cans", etc.

So welcome to the community, we're the best non-suicide cult there is on the web. (if there is such a thing)
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #24 of 50
How old are you, headphonegeek? 12? You sound around that age.
Okay, you want to learn. How about this. I revised your post for you.

Your post:
Title: sennheiser hd497 unamped is better than the hd650
Quote:

according to some member's posts this is the case.

Revised post:
Title: Is the Sennheiser HD497 better than the HD650 when unamped?
Quote:

I've noticed that [this member] said on [this-or-that thread] (link) that the HD497 sounds better than the HD650 unamped. I was wondering what your opinions on this are; I'd appreciate any comments or experiences you can give. Thanks!

There. An English lesson and a netiquette lesson rolled into one.

Nov 3, 2004 at 1:07 AM Post #26 of 50
come on mates don't be so nervous
everyone is free to ask around here , if you don't want to answer to a thread you just don't , no prob. at all...isn't it way more simple ?...do not point one who's trying to in the head-fi world with the capabilities he's got , even if he probably have less then yours he's probably in good faith when saying he has /want to learn so...I just wouldn't have misunderstood so much his intents
anyway just keep out of unuseful thread if you feel they are so.

and for what pertain the thread headphonegeek
smily_headphones1.gif
I would have made similar "mysquestion" myself as a starter, and I sincerely pointed this thread expecting to read about someone who was trying to understand about headphones

I'd say
Just try the hd497 , they are very good starters if you can find them used or low priced , sure worth a try as starters at this price point (I can imagine maybe you'll also live happy with them for quite a time , they go very well unamped - I'm conisdering getting them too for portable use)

Nov 3, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #27 of 50
Perhaps the only annoying thing about headphonegeek is that he is asking questions, but he puts in weird determinations he' seems to have made himself within those questions.

He's now probably going to look at my signature and post "iPod Mini + Shure E5 is better than Sony ES deck + Stax"
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2004 at 1:20 AM Post #28 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Perhaps the only annoying thing about headphonegeek is that he is asking questions, but he puts in weird determinations he' seems to have made himself within those questions.

He's now probably going to look at my signature and post "iPod Mini + Shure E5 is better than Sony ES deck + Stax"
tongue.gif

isn't it ?

Nov 3, 2004 at 2:31 AM Post #29 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Yes, yes they are......

but only if you're deaf.

I modified your post for you.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

i used caps to emphasize my point strongly.interesting how you can talk like the almighty and pass judgement on me and condemn my opinion.it shows that you disrespect others opinions and right to free speech.sound is subjective.oh well!live and let live.
rolleyes.gif

OK, FROM NOW ON I'LL USE CAPS TO EMPHASIZE MY POINT, TOO. GEE, HOW COME EVERYONE DOES USE THIS [size=xx-small](extremelly irritating)[/size] METHOD OF CONVEYING THEIR EMOTIONS?!??!

I don't have to be the almighty to know your statement is completely bogus, man.
biggrin.gif

And you're right, I do disrespect your completely wrong opinion. Now go live under some other bridge.

Nov 3, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #30 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
I modified your post for you.
biggrin.gif

OK, FROM NOW ON I'LL USE CAPS TO EMPHASIZE MY POINT, TOO. GEE, HOW COME EVERYONE DOES USE THIS [size=xx-small](extremelly irritating)[/size] METHOD OF CONVEYING THEIR EMOTIONS?!??!

I don't have to be the almighty to know your statement is completely bogus, man.
biggrin.gif

And you're right, I do disrespect your completely wrong opinion. Now go live under some other bridge.

WOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back