sennheiser hd497 unamped is better than the hd650.
Oct 25, 2004 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

headphonegeek

100+ Head-Fier
according to some member's mom's posts this is the case.
smily_headphones1.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Oct 25, 2004 at 12:28 AM Post #2 of 50
Headphone geek, you should really lay off starting threads like this, to me you don't appear to be much more than your average troll. It seems you like to cause a bit of trouble.

Oct 25, 2004 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonegeek
according to some member's posts this is the case.
smily_headphones1.gif

i tried both of them unamped before (497s in HMV and 650s out my my nomad zen nx)...NO screw*** WAY.

edit: nice one kirosia
smily_headphones1.gif
, headphonegeek probably needs a big bowl of **** and GTFO.

Oct 25, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 50
Not used the 497, but there is no comparison at all between the 495 and the 580/600/650 line at ALL, even unamped.

Oct 25, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Headphone geek, you should really lay off starting threads like this, to me you don't appear to be much more than your average troll. It seems you like to cause a bit of trouble.

Although that is a harsh way of putting it (we wouldn't expect any less from you Kirosia
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
), I agree that there have been several rather pointless threads created in this same vein. What bothers me is the attention-getting topic followed by zero post content rationally discussing or substantiating the thread topic. If you're going to post something like "Sony V600 is better than Alessandro MS Pro" then you need to be able to back it up or at least have something constructive to say.

Headphonegeek, you're welcome to stay here as long as you can contribute positive and constructive comments to threads. Don't just make random threads with topics that draw people into the thread only to see zero useful post content...

Oct 25, 2004 at 1:19 AM Post #6 of 50
I'm one hell of a d**k aren't I?
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Like zero said, geek, just try to avoid making threads like this. I really have nothing against you. You could try asking "does blah sound better than blah" or something of that manner. Don't purposely make blanket statements in order to rile up people though. Just chill, and contribute.
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2004 at 2:46 AM Post #8 of 50
Way to go Kirosia, This thread was made just so the thread starter could sit back and watch all the bickering and laugh at the trouble he caused. He offers no useful input on the subject, and i for one commend Kirosia for calling him out. Now hopefully no other member will fall for it and comment in this thread.

Oct 25, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 50
Well to be all fair, the HD580s sounded like absolute **** unamped, no bass at all, and from a portable player, the sound level at full volume was quite low... and I would guess that the HD650s would be just the same if not worse. Detail aside, you could make a very good arguement that something like the HD497 sounds quite nice compared to an unamped HD650.

Oct 25, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #10 of 50
Quote:

according to some member's posts this is the case.
smily_headphones1.gif

No.

Could you provide some of the statements from "these member's posts?" I'd like some evidence.

This seems just like a troll to me; people should ignore this thread.

Oct 25, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #11 of 50
I wonder if headphonegeek ever posts more than one sentence at a time. I think he is referring to his own posts, especially when he uses singular form. Incredibly pointless post, I agree.

Oct 25, 2004 at 7:10 AM Post #12 of 50
Nah... Give him a break.. He probably own HD497 and just want to mock other people's phone around. HD497 is good for its price. But compared to other better headphones, it's not that great. Unamped, i'm sure even HD555 sounds much much better.

People who say that are probably just exaggerating how bad 650 without an amp. That does not make it true, though. And if you ask me, for the same amount of money, i'll just buy a pair of PX100 and couple CDs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2004 at 7:33 AM Post #13 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by SportaJoe
i for one commend Kirosia for calling him out.

Yeah, absolutely! This guy is the single reason I stopped going to headwize about half a year ago, he just pushes my buttons way more than I should let him. He did the same thing there; constant pointless threads, responding to recommendation requests with nothing but a model number and nothing to back it up, vague one sentence answers to any questions posed, and never any worthwhile content. I challenged him to actually give an opinion a couple days ago in this thread and got nothing, he must not care how troll he appears.

Anyway, a friend I mentioned him to (yes, I've ranted about him to my friends, they know him as my headphone nemesis) asked me to post a link to this informative video, hope you all enjoy it.

Now I think it's time to consider chilling out and finally using that ignore button, for my own mental well-being... I'll give it a couple days to see if this thread goes anywhere, then I'm hitting it at midnight this wednesday night. Please feel free to join me in this, the more the merrier... and I'd appreciate the support, it'd make me feel a little less nuts for letting him rile me so.

I feel better now. Peace, everyone.

Nov 2, 2004 at 11:59 PM Post #14 of 50
first of all i am not a troublemaker kirosia
mad.gif
i am new to headphones and am entitled to my opinion as others are so don't use me as your scapegoat!i am still learning and do not purposely create threads to create controversy for christ's sake!i ask questions to "LEARN!"IF YOU WANT PROOF THAT SOME MEMBERS HAVE CLAIMED THAT THEY FEEL THE 497 SOUNDS BETTER THAN THE 580'S OR 650'S MY PASSWORD IS ROMANCE. CHECK MY PRIVATE MESSAGES AND POSTS THAT HAVE BEEN SENT TO ME AND FEEL FREE TO INVESTIGATE IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME!
mad.gif

Nov 3, 2004 at 12:02 AM Post #15 of 50
Quote:

first of all i am not a troublemaker kirosia
mad.gif
i am new to headphones and am entitled to my opinion as others are so don't use me as your scapegoat!i am still learning and do not purposely create threads to create controversy for christ's sake!i ask questions to "LEARN!"IF YOU WANT PROOF THAT SOME MEMBERS HAVE CLAIMED THAT THEY FEEL THE 497 SOUNDS BETTER THAN THE 580'S OR 650'S MY PASSWORD IS ROMANCE. CHECK MY PRIVATE MESSAGES AND POSTS THAT HAVE BEEN SENT TO ME AND FEEL FREE TO INVESTIGATE IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME!
mad.gif

You are entitled to your (wrong) opinion, of course. You are also entitled to a keyboard with a properly functioning Caps Lock key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back