Sennheiser HD414 Pad Appreciation Thread
Apr 20, 2006 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

skyline889

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got these in the mail today and I definitely think they deserve some more lovin', the bass on my HF-1s has now become shockingly close to
basshead.gif
, in a good way though. The pads also took the edge off a bit on the highs. I didn't think my Grados could be improved on for $15, but damn, just goes to show money means nothin'. Only problem I can see is that the pads don't fully cover the woody driver housings. I can't wait to wear them to school tomorrow though
redface.gif
, should be interesting. I'll post pics later on tonight, feel free to post yours as well
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 40
I like the look of the yellow pads, makes the already retro looking Grados even more retro looking.
icon10.gif
I should order some, where did you order yours from? Sennheiserusa.com? If so how long did it take to get them?

Apr 20, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #4 of 40
They definitely did good things to my cheapo Koss KTX-Pro1, and can clearly do good things to pricier cans as well... nice pads
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #5 of 40
I got a pair very quickly directly from senn as well
smily_headphones1.gif
Been using them on my SR60s for a week or two now and I really like the way they sound.

Are the back of the pads supposed to rest on the back of my ears or kind of on my head?

Oh can someone who has dyed them tell me what dye you used? Yellow is kind of ugly.

Apr 20, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #6 of 40
Hail to the 30 year old HD414 pads! The first headphone earpads to ever touch my ears as a 12 year old virginus-headphoneus supremus.

Transform the KTXPro1 into a HD201 stomping, KSC75 clone.
Portable foams of choice for my MS1.

dscn74070rb.jpg

dscn71855cd.jpg

Garrett

Apr 20, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #7 of 40
I love mine, too. Comfort + quality + cheap (4.00 specifically) = amazing.

Apr 20, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #8 of 40
I really like the look of the yellow pads with the Grado's too. I like the contrast I guess. Plus, they are very comfortable IMO. I never even tried the Grados with the bowl pads, I ordered my SR225's along with a set of the 414's from ebay and threw them on straight away. Very comfy.

Apr 20, 2006 at 9:31 AM Post #9 of 40
They are über nice, I live in Denmark so i bought mine from Thomann.de and therefore I had to buy 4 pairs (because you have to for at least 25 euro or soo). But luckely one of my friends a fellow head-fier "Greisen" needed a pair as well, soo we are now two happy non-iron ears Grado lovers in Denmark - Aalborg
icon10.gif

Apr 20, 2006 at 9:52 AM Post #10 of 40
Hey technetium - I live in Denmark as well, and I just ordered a pair of MS-1, so if you have a spare set of 414 pads you wanna sell, please let me know!
cool.gif

By the way - this is my first post, after I've been reading the forums for a while!

Apr 20, 2006 at 10:04 AM Post #11 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofy
Hey technetium - I live in Denmark as well, and I just ordered a pair of MS-1, so if you have a spare set of 414 pads you wanna sell, please let me know!
cool.gif

By the way - this is my first post, after I've been reading the forums for a while!

Welcome to Head-Fi!

Here're the pics I promised, the HF-1s look pretty funky now. Let's see some more
rs1smile.gif

Apr 20, 2006 at 10:44 AM Post #12 of 40
I only bought 414s for my MS-1s cuz they are easier to find in a darkened room if I absent-mindedly set them down somewhere!

And,...oh yeah, they sound better, change the sound when you change the size of the holes, and are more confortable too!!

Apr 20, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #14 of 40
I'm glad you all enjoy your yellow pads. I didn't care for them, at all. I thought they made the HF-1s sound muddy and bloated. It's one of those things that I just don't see how anyone would like it, but lots do.
I really am glad ya'll like 'em. Different strokes, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back