Sennheiser HD408 with damaged plug (male end)
Jan 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

3nz3r0

New Head-Fier
Forgive me if this is not the correct forum for this.

I've got a pair of HD 408's that are about a year old and due to them being my first pair of headphones I was not that meticulous in caring and handling them. Thanks to that my headphones seem to be having some problems.

There is no sound coming from the left earpiece unless I jiggle or bend the jack a bit. Even if I manage to obtain sound on that side, its not as loud or as clear as the sound coming from the right side.

I usually use this headphones with an iPod Touch 4 that I keep in my pocket and I suspect that this was the reason that my headphones are malfunctioning. Am I correct in thinking that the wire coming from the jack to the left earpiece is either broken or damaged inside its insulation?

If so, is there any way to repair this?

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Forgive me if this is not the correct forum for this.

I've got a pair of HD 408's that are about a year old and due to them being my first pair of headphones I was not that meticulous in caring and handling them. Thanks to that my headphones seem to be having some problems.

There is no sound coming from the left earpiece unless I jiggle or bend the jack a bit. Even if I manage to obtain sound on that side, its not as loud or as clear as the sound coming from the right side.

I usually use this headphones with an iPod Touch 4 that I keep in my pocket and I suspect that this was the reason that my headphones are malfunctioning. Am I correct in thinking that the wire coming from the jack to the left earpiece is either broken or damaged inside its insulation?

If so, is there any way to repair this?

If you can find someone who is familiar with soldering, replacing with a L shaped plug should solve your problem and makes future usage easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back