Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Apr 29, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #61 of 65
I guess that my Senn HD520s must be too old a model for anyone to be able to give me a comparison, on where on the ladder they would be in relation to say the 280s, 580s, & 600s???
Also, I have to say that I recently started coming to this NG after reading about it, in the letters to the Editor, in, " Stereophile. " And I am glad I did. It has gotten me re-interested in listening with my headphones. I have always been one for 2 chan. audio. Surround sound, for listening to music does not make any sense to me, since I want to be in front of the stage, not on it, when I am listening. I'm also a drummer. So at times, yes the stage is the spot, but not as a listener.
But I notice that with headphones, it gives you a totally different perspective of the listening stage, and although, my Senn HD520s are absolutely fantastic sounding, I'm just not sure how natural of a sound stage that is. Any Comments/opinions??

Apr 29, 2003 at 6:36 AM Post #62 of 65
Quote:

Overall, great low-end audiophile phones, for those of us who can't afford all the fancy-schmancy stuff!

Welcome to Head-Fi Chris!

If I were you, I would leave now before you find yourself desiring to become a member of Team Fancy-Schmancy...
f_audiotechnica_athw1000.jpg

LOL. I just realized that my Team Broke avatar is misleading. In reality, I am a member of Team Fancy-Schmancy first, and as a result Team Broke. This is so depressing.
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2003 at 4:19 PM Post #63 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by Stephonovich
$192 for 280 Pro's?! I don't think they're over $100 retail, are they? Mine were $80 NIB on eBay.

(-:Stephonovich:)

sorry, canadian dollars. they were $159 CAD which is $110 US.

it came to $192 something with the 14% tax, and shipping.

May 2, 2003 at 7:21 AM Post #65 of 65
I just finished doing comparisons with the Sony V6's and the Sennheiser 280 Pro's, and the 280's were easily the better headphone in my opinion. The V6's had a classic EQ "Smile" sound, boosted midbass (which obscured the really deep bass, and worse, the midrange to an extent). The 280's had pretty close to a flat frequency response. A lot of people like somewhat boosted bass, and I can understand that, but for me the more accurate sound of the 280's was an easy choice for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back