Sennheiser HD265 linear; can it be saved?
Apr 7, 2006 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dizee

New Head-Fier
I got this headphone a few years ago for my birthday, to use with my computer. It was a shame I could'n have any influence on the buy!

Using it with a crappy Soundblaster Live! soundcard at the moment. But that's not the main concern now. When I have more money I'll buy a new soundcard, amp etc. But now the only thing I want to know is: is there any way these headphones can be modded into better sounding ones? I don't know if you guys heared this headphone, but it is very very
basshead.gif
. Any tips on simple mods?

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 5
Yeah, it's known for that. Which is kind of a pity, given that it appears to be a fairly comfy closed model. I wouldn't be surprised if they had merely taken one of their open HD5x5 models from that time and made it closed. Therefore I'd try removing the rear grilles first (the pieces that would have been grilles on HD525/535/545/565, I mean). If you want to keep it closed and don't find any damping material inside, try and add some.

Apr 8, 2006 at 1:35 PM Post #5 of 5
Here is what I did: First I removed the back of the headphones, but strangely it didn't made any difference.. So this didn't made any real difference. So I tried the following: removing the back + removing the earpads. For a little comfort I removed the thin damping material that was on the earpads, and put it on the drivers. WOW!!!! The bass is gone??
confused.gif
biggrin.gif
. I can not understand it: removing the back didn't help, but removing the circumaural earpads did!! Can someone explain this to me? I can't compare them with other headphones, but all I can say is: they are MUCH better than they were before!

Ofcourse, they look SUPER-ugly now
icon10.gif

edit: I'll post some pics soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back