Sennheiser HD25's vs Beyer DT770 (80ohm)
Nov 20, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #16 of 17
Nathangld, you're very welcome & good luck with your 770s... run them (& your ears) in before you decide if you're gonna fall in love & get married.
wink.gif

IMHO, the DT770s really need an amp with very good power/control to make them do the good stuff (i.e. a desktop amp) whereas HD25-1 is very satisfying with the voyager... cue an expert like Dr House to explain resistance/sensitivity & no doubt other characteristics to explain why that might be.

I haven't heard any other portable amps but the voyager is ~$300 and generally well regarded so choose with some care if you want to get a satisfying result.

If you can try out before buying or buy with a good return option, your ears will thank you.

Let us know how you get on.

beerchug.gif

Feb 5, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #17 of 17
Nathangld, you're very welcome & good luck with your 770s... run them (& your ears) in before you decide if you're gonna fall in love & get married.
wink.gif

IMHO, the DT770s really need an amp with very good power/control to make them do the good stuff (i.e. a desktop amp) whereas HD25-1 is very satisfying with the voyager... cue an expert like Dr House to explain resistance/sensitivity & no doubt other characteristics to explain why that might be.

I haven't heard any other portable amps but the voyager is ~$300 and generally well regarded so choose with some care if you want to get a satisfying result.

If you can try out before buying or buy with a good return option, your ears will thank you.

Let us know how you get on.

beerchug.gif
that is proper advise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back