Sennheiser HD25 / pro's and con's
May 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

daijobudes

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Everyone!
I'm very new to your community,i'm not new to the world of audio:  i own and owned quite a lot of equipment and listened to many head-ear-phones i own the best computer audio speakers Audioengine A5+, Westone 3,unfortunately past months forme was very unlucky my headphones one by one went out of service - Ultrasone 580 (right can is dead), my lovely sennheiser PX100 II - the metalic part which holds a can is broken and even couple times of repairing didn't work. so.. i'm looking for a best headphone up to 400 CHF (because in where i live we have to pay high taxes,so it's quite a competition to find something good for a price).
I bought klipsch m 40 - but they are simply garbage. Right now i'm looking at 
1) sennheiser HD 25 II 1
2) Bose quiteComfort 15
3) audio technica m50 (anniversary edition)
4) sennheiser PX 200 II
5) ultrasone's there are couple models
6) grado's 80 or 60
i am absolutely open to ANY recommendations and suggestions, but first want to know what do you think about above mentioned headphones.
With warmest wishes to all of you, Daniel.

May 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 10
What do you listen to? I had the Westone 3s and the Ultrasones as well, so perhaps you're an EDM fan? If so I would go with the Ultrasone Pro 750. I own the HD25 and while it's a great portable can it is lacking in sub-bass (IMO). The 750 is an amazing can with EDM and specifically trance.

Hard to say as you haven't gone into detail on what attributes you need.

May 13, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 10
Thank you for a respond,i'd say that - my music range is much diversified. i listen from hard rock, classic,jazz,trance, to indie and even old school hip-hop. so,in that case i really need somekind of Holy Grail in headphones. The most suitable for me were Ultrasones (cause they are quite a detailed headphones, which also do not lack some bass) despite the cabel problem. 
By the way i probably didn't mention but those Cans, whatever they are -should be usable with iPhone 4s. (of course i'll use it also as for home and street)
Please don't hesitate to ask me further questions.

May 13, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #4 of 10
HD25-1 is very, very durable.

May 13, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #5 of 10
Wanted to add, I also checked out the Hifiman HE 300 and HE 400, can you say something about them?

May 20, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #6 of 10
I bring my HD25-1's to school and they're very nice. The short cord pays off because it's not hard to store. I also have the SR125i's that's pretty much similar to SR60/80 and it might be annoying for other people since it's open... I don't have anything else on that list, but I can vouch for the HD25-1's. I plan to sell all my cans in the next month or so and keep the HD25-1 and D2000 while I save up for an LCD-2. I don't think I need anything else besides these two for now though.

Good luck! :) If you ever decide to get the HD25-1's, you'll love them, I bet.

May 20, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #7 of 10
Thank you for a reply Jacquelene! I am very concerned with a simple question, is the sound on HD 25's warm? How good is it on solo vocal parties from Rachael Yamagata or Patricia barber?

May 20, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #8 of 10
HD25

The best part about it is that it's extremely durable. SQ in a nutshell: recessed mids, distant vocals, emphasised bass and highs; close, small soundstage; detailing is mediocre; good timbre. I think you should wait for the Amperior if possible because I heard it fixes a lot of issues of the HD25. Just out of curiosity, where do you live?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back