Sennheiser HD25 - My First Impressions
Feb 14, 2006 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

100+ Head-Fier
Just got my HD25s today, here's my first impressions... (no burn in yet)

Sound:
- Very good clarity, clean sound
- Love the bass
- Voices, and highs seem to be recessed. I really hope this will open up after some burn in :/

Other:
- They look alot smaller in real life than they do in all the pics i've seen online heh.
- I neverhad headphones with microphonics before, but I think the HD25s with the stock cable have that problem. I don't think i'll upgrade because I like having a single cord coming out of the headphones.
- Good isolation, not as good as my HD280s
- Clamping force isnt too uncomfortable, headphoens stay on head very nicely.
- Earphone pads arn't very comfortable, where can I get those velours?

Overall:
Pretty satisfied except for the "recessed highs". I might drop my HD280s once I get some burn-in on these. However, I do like the better isolation, and comfort of the 280s - their sound just isn't quite as "satisfying" as the HD25s because they don't ahve the same bass impact.

Feb 15, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 2
Yeah, I think the HD-25s have a nice, tight, "punchy" bass. I never really noticed the highs being "recessed", though after listening to my 501s I immediately switched to the HD-25s and thought their sound a bit "dark", so we may be talking about the same thing. Of course, it may also have to do with a tonal balance that we're just interpreting as that. I don't know.

I'll be honest, I never noticed the microphonics of the cable, but replaced it with the higher quality 650 cable anyhow. The velour pads are available from the Sennheiser USA website here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back