Sennheiser HD25-1s.
Apr 12, 2008 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Chri5peed

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got some this morning, put the velour earpads on.

Should the earcups be so loose? In my mind they should only move[up and down] if purposefully pulled. Got a screw to tighten horizontal swing.

Every time I put them on they move. I'm disabled, won't be able to use them like this.

For my new D2, thankfully not my only means of musitating. Sexy 650s w/foobar FTW.

Apr 12, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #3 of 20
I have read that other people dont have this prob at all so is it just us? Could it be that the latest headbands have a slightly different build? I have the same problem man. They move way too easy. For a while I have been using black tape over the headphones "arms". While that prevents the initial problem, wearing them in the neck is now much more uncomfortable because the cups cannot slight down easily anymore. An option is buying the SP version headband or finding someone who owns a pair to compare?

Apr 12, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 20
There are clicks, due to the bumps on the post.
They are brand new, hopefully a faulty pair.

What other smallish portable cans are there?

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 20
Made a movie with my camera.

Its 6MB and a Quicktime movie...format my camera chooses.

Never done before, so here goes : RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Damn, never realised before, there is something very wrong.
mad.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #6 of 20
Wow.

I haven't owned the HD-25, but their behavior really doesn't look right at all. I would expect them to click into place at each position, not dissimilarly to the way the PX100 work.

Sure does look like something is wrong with them. You bought them new?

As for another smallish portable can, here are a few:
Audio-Technica ESW9 (very popular at the moment)
Audio-Technica ES-7
Equation EarTools RP-15MC (foldable)

Good luck!

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #7 of 20
Sent that video to both Sennheiser & the place I bought them from.

Only have PX200s as other supra-aurals, they certainly do not move.

In the headroom review it says they're the most stable and well-fitting supra-aurals...probably more the split headband.

Apr 14, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #8 of 20
Nope - they should not do that.

Mine started out kind of stiff, and have gotten looser over time, so the ear cups move down quite easily (and sometime unexpectedly) when the headphone cable gets snagged or pulled - but even now they cups do not fall down like that.

Clearly not right.

Thanks for the video - that helped a lot.

Apr 14, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #13 of 20
just another HD25-1 II user saying "that's not right" lol (I watched the video)

I have to push/pull the earcup to adjust the fit... they don't just fall... the ratchet-type mechanism is quite stiff

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #14 of 20
Sweet, mine are obviously wrong then.

Got the RMA to send em back, asked for refund, but if not a replacement might be okay.

My Dad thinks they're okay when worn, but having to re-fit them every time you took them off would soon get old...especially on portable cans.

Apr 14, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #15 of 20
I would go for a replacement before a refund. The HD25 is a great portable for a number of reasons, not least of which is that they sound good... if less than "hi-fi".

Your pair is, however, most certainly faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back