Sennheiser HD25-1 II weaknesses
Mar 2, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #32 of 32
I don't know why, but my last reply in this topic is missing and I'm lazy to write all of it again, so just a quick update:

*Clamping - When I'm commuting for amost 4 hours, it can be quite annoying, but I was angry that my ATH-SJ5 has weaker clamping force after a year, thus less isolation, so I should be happy with what I have now x). The only problem is I have to have full-sized, cheap heaphone in both places I live during the week. Otherwise I'd have to buy 2 good home headphones, or carry one with me while commuting between those 2 places....

*SQ - It's good, but clearly, a large portion of the price is paid for the build quality and such. It doesn't suit rock-crossover genre much, but I was surprised how good Alanis Morisette's Flavours Of Entanglement album sounds.
So all in all, I just expected more "wow effect", like when I heard BD DT 231, which has nice amount of bass, detail and great soundstage (for the money).

*The cable - Frankly, 1,5 m is too much x). I have to fit the rest of the cable in my pocket, and the microphonics still remains the biggest problem I have now. It's loud, annoying and very impractical stiff cable...

I'll update it later after more commuting experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back