Sennheiser HD25-1 II, broken cable?
Feb 12, 2011 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

yliu

500+ Head-Fier
When I twist the cable at the point marked with a red circle, I can hear some sort of cracking noise. Is the cable broken inside? Did any of you guys experience similar problems?
The cable also feels softer at that part, not as stiff as it used to be.

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 6
Steel cables for ya... I recommend getting Copper cables for the HD-25 as copper is a better material for electrical conduction over steel. However, with that said, some cables will work with the HD-25 (HD600 and HD650 cables), but you can't use the grooves to insert the cables into the headband anymore. You can try getting the Amperior cables (I think they are copper now?), but I don't own the HD-25 anymore so I can't confirm much.

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Steel cables for ya... I recommend getting Copper cables for the HD-25 as copper is a better material for electrical conduction over steel. 

There several separate sillineses here:

1. "Steel cables for ya" - yes, everyone knows that steel isn't strong, like copper! That was iron-y.  (And that was a pun.) Steel is tough - a lot tougher than copper. With all the HD25's in the world one, was bound to get a damaged cable sooner. 

2. "better material for electrical conduction" This is true in the sense that a minute fraction less electrical energy is dissipated in a copper cable as heat. In every other sense - i.e. in the tweako sense that copper sounds better than steel and is worth paying extra for - My Physics, He Say No. And so does Ms Blind Listening Test.

Anyway - HD25 cables, like every other component, are easily available as spares. Maybe the OP get a dodgy one, because mine has been pretty hard abused and is still fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back