Sennheiser HD228 / HD238 / PX100 II
Nov 29, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #16 of 24
I'm going to buy a HD 228 ( 45 $ ). Hope it will fit my style
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by applaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And If you listen to a variety of genres, the HD 238 or PX 100(-II) should treat all of them well, though they might not provide the "kick" that you want with the harder hitting stuff like rock.

I have to disagree. The new px100-II is way more punchy in mid-bass and lower mids than px100. They do well in rock, as long as you like the bass driven signature.

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #20 of 24
I haven't heard the new version of the PX-100, but I do own the original version. My girlfriend has the HD 238, and I have auditioned the Koss KSC-75.

In my opinion, the HD 238 has clearly the best sound quality. It really is markedly better than the PX-100. Build quality is also very nice. However, they are bulky.

I did a head-to-head comparison in a store between the original PX-100 and the Koss KSC-75. I spent about 10 to 15 minutes listening to each one. The PX-100 sounded much better to my ears, which is why I purchased it.

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #21 of 24
i just got a pair of HD238's at Best Buy (Sacramento, CA) to hold me over while my Audeo PFE's are being replaced under warranty. I had been shopping for these since last December. Over the holidays BB had them for $79 online. all year 2010 the have been $99. I walked into the store the other day and they were $69. I asked if that was the normal price and they checked and said yes.

I was also wondering if the HD228 and the HD238 ear pieces are inter-changeable? I did not realize how much outside ambient noise gets through the foam ear pads. I would like to try the pads on the HD228 and see if it cuts down the ambient noise.

Overall I like the sound and hope they get better with break-in. The bass is really nice and I hope the highs get a little better as they break-in. I may try the asteroid mod on these to see what it does.

Jeff

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #22 of 24
I do believe that the earpads are interchangable, FWIR on these threads (I had the 238).
The sound will improve a bit, especially the bass, which will tighten up. The astroid mod doesn't really benefit these phones, as it throws their sound off balance, I think. Of course you're welcome to try and see if it suits you.

Mar 28, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #23 of 24
thanks ZMD. I would like to try the 228 earpads on the 238's, do you know where I can find them? I tried the asteroid mod and for some songs it seemed brighter but for others there seemed to be no difference.

Mar 28, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #24 of 24
No idea, I'm from Romania and Sennheiser doesn't do direct sales. here. Check their website if you're from the US, I do believe you can order replacement pads for almost all headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back