Sennheiser HD207? (Cheap mobile closed cans wanted.)
post-1466807
Post #1 of 5

sgrossklass

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Anyone know these? Pricing and looks are similar to the HD202, the specs show a tad higher sensitivity and bass response (though there's no THD spec for the 207 available), but apart from that there is very little to be found on the HD207 - not even the Sennheiser website knows it. I was looking at these two models because I'd like to have mobile cans with more isolation (you know, I still need my hearing, and those buses tend to be fairly loud) and warmer (and still decent) sound than my DT231s which don't cost a fortune. K26Ps might also be an option but these are a tad more expensive and the comments on their muddy bass and all that (along with the THD spec of 1%) are putting me off a bit.

BTW, is the HD2x2 series still comfortable enough if you're wearing glasses?

post-1466871
Post #2 of 5

Silfer

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
Anyone know these? Pricing and looks are similar to the HD202, the specs show a tad higher sensitivity and bass response (though there's no THD spec for the 207 available), but apart from that there is very little to be found on the HD207 - not even the Sennheiser website knows it. I was looking at these two models because I'd like to have mobile cans with more isolation (you know, I still need my hearing, and those buses tend to be fairly loud) and warmer (and still decent) sound than my DT231s which don't cost a fortune. K26Ps might also be an option but these are a tad more expensive and the comments on their muddy bass and all that (along with the THD spec of 1%) are putting me off a bit.

BTW, is the HD2x2 series still comfortable enough if you're wearing glasses?

Are you sure that the 7 in HD207 isn't supposed to be a 1? Because there is a new closed senn headphone called HD201 and it's building up a nice reputation for being a great value for money closed can.

post-1468314
Post #5 of 5

sgrossklass

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Yup, the eHx50 series is quite new (came out with HD201, HD465, HD485). The eH150's FR looks like it would be a bit honky; I'd prefer the eH250 but that costs >50€ and I cannot spend this much on cans ATM. (Besides, I have a notoriously bright source and would like to compensate this.) The HD202 looks intrigueing as it features rather high isolation. (However, it doesn't fold up like the K26P would.) I guess I'll also have to look at inexpensive in-ears (Creative EP-630 and Sony EX71 mostly); how much they isolate compared to K26P/HD2x2 would have to be researched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)