Sennheiser HD1 vs Bose QC35

Sennheiser HD1 or Bose QC35?

• Total voters
Dec 22, 2017 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nettek

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for new headphones to buy, with a high emphasis on noise cancelling, as I don't care about audio quality too much.
When I mean noise cancelling, I mean that if someone is speaking on the train's PA system, I don't want to hear it. I want to hear the music and music only.

I was going to buy the Bose QC35 but noticed that the Sennheiser HD1 price dropped to about the same.
My question is, which one should I buy, if I care only about noise cancelling?

Of course I'm talking about over-ear.

Thank you!

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 7
The Hurt Sennheiser is better in every way and if you can get both for the same price, that's the way to go hands down. The HD1 sounds better, is built with better materials, folds, looks better, will last longer, and is worth more than the Bose.

I went to a local shop to try out some flagship headphones and decided to compare my HD1 with the QC35. The Bose isn't as clear sounding and doesn't sound as smooth. The HD1 is objectively the better headphone. The Bose wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but there isn't really a reason to buy it when the HD1 is the same price

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #7 of 7
Hands down I would choose BOSE QC35ii just because ANC and there lot more uses for QC35ii (at least for me).

If you need great sounding OTE headphones there tons on the market, the one with the best ANC is still QC35ii plus hey if you have portable DAC/Amp adjusting EQ to make it sound as good as HD1 shouldn't be hard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back