Sennheiser HD 800S "pop sound" on left speaker
Feb 25, 2017 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

td2004

New Head-Fier
Hallo,

I've bought a pair of new hd800s several days ago and listen to them since, almost 14 hours/day. I have noticed that everyday (after several hours) some pop sound occur (one or two pops, but just one at a time, and sometimes after several minutes or hours another one) only on  the left speaker. It happens every day. The music is not influenced by the pop sound and it happens also when there is no sound playing. Should I worry and take them back to warranty ?
I use them with woo wa7 as dac/amplif and pc, over the 6.3 jack cable. I use the same sound system with several headphones( Grado rs2e, Akg k 712pro, HD650, Momentum 2) and never happend.

Please help!

Feb 27, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #3 of 4
Try them with a different source/amp. If the problem persists, then the issue probably isn't the amp. In that case contact Sennheiser support.

Feb 27, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 4
I've tested the headphones with just the pc soundcard and everything was normal. Something that I've noticed just today is that the headphones cable crossed over my mouse cable which is also fabric wrapped as the Sennheiser. I will do further testing without any interference. Hope that will solve the problem.
I've emailed Sennheiser in Austria (they are in charge with service for Romania) and they were nice enough to offer another pair of headphones and a new cable for further testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back