Sennheiser HD 800 S - GSX 1000 Strong Enough??
May 6, 2019 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

XopR

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, going to be purchasing a pair of the 800 S. Found a pretty good deal for $600 including cord and pads. I'm currently using HD599's with the GSX 1000. IF not, what would be a good pairing with the device, going to be used mainly for gaming!

May 7, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 6
I agree with Deftone, The GSX1000 lacks alot of power even on lower ohm headphones, Don't misunderstand it can power them & make sound, but in that sound is missing a lot of details, seperation e.t.c. You will only find out how bad it really is after upgrading to something better, or double amping it. Its a bit of a shame for gaming Magni/Atom/O2/The Element/LCX will work fine but you will get a much better experience with the HD800s in music/movies/Gaming if you put in some decent money like $500Amp or $800Dac/Amp.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #4 of 6
May I also chime in to say that $600 sounds like an absolute steal of a deal for this. You may be very lucky but as a little word of caution check that you are buying either from a reputable source or that your private seller has a genuine pair...
You will also find a lot of info on amp and DAC pairings on existing threads about both the HD800 and 800S
Good luck with one of the most scaleable headphones out there.

May 8, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Also keep in mind that you can emulate the GSX1000's surround capabilities with HeSuVi so if you go with a better amp you don't need to sacrifice good gaming surround. Sell the GSX and put it towards something like a Magni 3 if you don't have the budget/want for anything higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back