sennheiser hd 700 bass is overpowering - wasted money on them , they suck
Nov 1, 2016 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TraceKira

New Head-Fier
Dear all
I bougth a sennheiser hd 700 and use it with creative sound blaster x7

They sound great except one issue , the bass is so thumping is it hurting my ears... I used them for one day and this basss i feel it will cave in my skull

I own also a HD 650 and the bass is not so powerful (like 200% less)

The bass feels like its crushing my ear drums. I think these headphones sounds horrible compared to my old 650

Are the headsets defective ?

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 7
This sounds backwards...I always thought my Hd650's were more bass heavy and darker than the 700's. With that being said I never understood all the hate for the 700's, they're super reasonably priced these days too...

Nov 1, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 7
Nov 1, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 7
  This sounds backwards...I always thought my Hd650's were more bass heavy and darker than the 700's. With that being said I never understood all the hate for the 700's, they're super reasonably priced these days too...

I agree. If the HD 700 was priced like it is today rather than a few years ago, I would have bought the HD 700 rather than the Shure SRH 1840 (I didn't want to go for the HD 800 back then due to the reputation of being hard to drive). 

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #6 of 7
  Dear all
I bougth a sennheiser hd 700 and use it with creative sound blaster x7

They sound great except one issue , the bass is so thumping is it hurting my ears... I used them for one day and this basss i feel it will cave in my skull

I own also a HD 650 and the bass is not so powerful (like 200% less)

The bass feels like its crushing my ear drums. I think these headphones sounds horrible compared to my old 650

Are the headsets defective ?

Maybe try it on a different DAC / amp and see how the HD 700 sounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back