Sennheiser HD 660 S with dedicate amply?
Jan 4, 2021 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Baoh

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys I have a doubt, I have a Yamaha AV RX A-880 Amply, and Sennheiser HD 660 S. In your opinion is a good idea Buy also a dedicate Amplificator for the Headphone?
I can understand the necessity to have a good DAC if you use your Headphone plug on PC, but I don't know if you have a real gain if you use an AV Amplifier.

I listen songs with an external HD with file lossless.

Tx for the answer me.

Jan 7, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #3 of 4
Run HDMI signal from your PC to the AVR. This way you get to decode through it's own DAC and yes you can use the AVR as a headphone amp. Much better than cheap dedicated headphone amps out there. I still use my stereo Marantz PM5005 or my SR5015 AVR to power my DT880.

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi Guys I have try 2 Amp for the HD660S:
S.M.S.L SP200 THX AAA-888: (Unbalanced input to unbalanced output) For 250 € is a really good Product The sound is great and if you put the gain to High level the headphone are really happy :)
Topping A90 (Unbalanced input to balanced output): It cost 499 €, It have also the Pree-Amp connector and It have 3 Gain level, The HD 660S works great in the middle. I have prefer to buy this 'cose it have also the balance Sony connector (the mini jack). However every 2 amp works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back