Sennheiser HD 650: Silver Dragon v2 Vs Blue Dragon v3 vs Black dragon cables
Jan 27, 2011 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

junebug654

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a cable to replace my stock cables and I heard good things about Silver, black and blue dragon.  I've heard Zu but I'd pass on it for personal preference reasons.

Anyway I've heard equally good reviews for the SD v2 and BD v3 and Black Dragon cable.  Which do you recommend in overall improvement for the 650s?  I'm looking for something to really add detail into the songs and to miniminze as much of the infamous Sennheiser Veil as possible.  I've also heard about the SD v3, but if I'm correct I don't think they make a v3 cable for the 650s, but I'm not 100%

Out of the three choices, which would you recommend?  In listening to my 650s with the stock cable, I'd enjoy something with a *slightly* bigger bass, more detail and clarity(i.e. hearing a violinist slide the bow across his instrument or actually hear a guitarist pluck his strings)  Something less muffled or veiled.

My preference of music is decently wide so an overall cable would be best.  The genres I listen to the most would be Classical compositions, classic rock, techno, trance, hardstyle, and *some* metal.

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 4
Not wanting to bitch your new amp. -I have some FiiO products myself, and my god how I love them,- for the price I paid.
With this beeing said, there is a big possibility that you will get a lot better sound if you spend your money on some better amp/tube-amp, a better dac/asynchronous transport or some really good interconnects. Maybe solidcore silver?

I have the exact same headphones and they need a lot of power and really high fidelity amps to really sound their best. When you have all this stuff, -then it's time to start looking for some better headphones cable! I truly believe that it will upgrade the sound quality a few notches, but then again,- I am definitely a true cable believer 
wink.gif

Just my humble opinion...

Ps. Are your headphones quite new? They need at least 150hours or more before they start to open up and start to sound more balanced...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back