Sennheiser HD 650 setup questions
Nov 30, 2015 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bdepaauw

New Head-Fier
For my birthday/Christmas I am getting Sennheiser HD650's, super excited! It will be my first pair of audiophile headphones and I have a few questions on the rest of the setup.

1: I am thinking of getting the Objective2 as my amp but due to budget restrictions I can not get the DAC combo. Would this be a good choice for the price?

2: My source right now is an i-pod classic 180gb with FLAC files, I believe it is a Gen 7. I could stream Tidal from my iPhone 6+ as well. As I do not have a DAC, what would be the better source?

Thank you!

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 8
Guess you could just daisy chain the O2 off the Apple's products headphone output jack.

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #3 of 8
The O2 amp should be fine with the 650s.  As Purple noted, your options for connecting are limited.  I know nothing about your iPod.  Is there a connection for digital out anywhere?  If not, you're stuck going through the iPod dac AND associated analog circuits.  Maybe this great - as I said I know nothing about that iPod.  Getting a digital stream out of the iPod to a decent dac with the O2 amp is probably going to give you the best sound with that setup.  But you can only do what the iPod will allow.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #5 of 8
Wouldn't I connect the iPod to the amp through the 30 pin connector?

If your iPod comes with the 30-pin LOD port, then connecting the LOD port to the input on an amplifier (O2) would be better then the iPod's headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back