Sennheiser HD 650 or HD 800?
Sep 21, 2014 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Genjisleeps

100+ Head-Fier
I have a desicion to make. If I dont get my house I get my money back and I have enough to get the HD 800's. But if I get the house which is highly unlikely I'll just get the HD 650's. As for an amp i'm probably going to get a Fiio E12 and get a Ipod classic 160gb. and Accessories get the Fiio E3 and/or Grado Mini adapter (if I choose the HD800). At my school i'm known as the headphone guy because I buy expensive headphones and there expecting the HD800 but if I bring it too often im scared someone might steal it. So i'll probably bring it once and keep it at home. What do you guys think which headphone should I get?

Sep 21, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 3
They're two very, very different sounding headphones. The HD650 is warm, with a lot of mid-bass and lower midrange. The HD800 is bright, with a lot of lower treble. Don't base the purchase on what the people at school want, or even on what we say, base it on what you'd rather listen to. If you can listen to them somewhere first, all the better.

Sep 21, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 3
  They're two very, very different sounding headphones. The HD650 is warm, with a lot of mid-bass and lower midrange. The HD800 is bright, with a lot of lower treble. Don't base the purchase on what the people at school want, or even on what we say, base it on what you'd rather listen to. If you can listen to them somewhere first, all the better.

Thanks for the reply. I expected the 650s to be like that. Which was the reason I gravitated to them more. And the price of the 800s. I'll just get the 800s some other time and get the 650s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back