Sennheiser HD-650 ear cushions
Sep 29, 2008 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PUGSTUB

500+ Head-Fier
Can anyone tell me if the ear cushions on the Sennheiser HD-650 are user replaceable? How do I install new ones? Thanks. I tried gently pulling on them but did not want to damage anything until I find out for sure.

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 6
Yes, they are user replaceable. Just grab onto the sides with your thumb, index finger, and middle finger. Then gently pull them out.

Sep 29, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 6
I haven't tried removing my HD650 cushions but I did have to remove my HD570 cushions in order to remove a few stray hairs from the drivers (if you ever get weird vibrating noise on your HD650s, have a look for this).

Basically the cushions are attached to oval plastic disks that clip into a raised lip in the middle (surrounding the driver opening). So basically you just need to get one portion detached and the whole thing just pops off. I found it easiest to get the bottom unclipped. I did find after removing a few times that one of the pads began to separate from the plastic, so you should be somewhat careful but I did find I had to pull harder than I was expecting.

It's a good design overall once you get used to it I think. Nice and secure but still easily replaceable. Good luck.

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #6 of 6
  do they have a right way of putting them? do they have like "polarity?

No, they are interchangeable.  There is no right side pad or left side pad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back