Sennheiser HD 650 deal!
Jun 22, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 30
Jun 22, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 30

Quote:
The price is not displayed? Only for the used ones....

You just have to click "See price in cart."  Sometimes that isn't there either, so you just click add to cart and see the price in your cart. You can always remove it from the cart later anyway.

Jun 22, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #7 of 30
$350 isn't too bad of a deal. I remember Amazon used to change prices everyday on the HD650's from $370 to $424, which is pretty crazy cause some people still would buy it at that price.

After tax is counted, it becomes $380 or so. I'd rather get one from the used section for $250 to $280. or maybe $290 if it's 'like-new'

I will never trust J&R ever since i saw that thread about some user buying an HD650 from them and receiving an empty box.
ph34r.gif

Jun 26, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #9 of 30

Quote:
call JRMusic you can probsably get the 650 for 319.00

JR has it advertised on their site for $500. Should one call and ask them to price match (I see no point in this) or for a special deal? Not really sure what terminology to use with them since I'm not used to haggling with salespeople. Also, do they normally charge shipping? (EDIT: never mind, just saw that it's Free Ground Shipping)

If I can get $319 as the final price, it'd be worth the trouble, but otherwise, probably easier to go through Amazon, so just wondering.

Jun 26, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #10 of 30
i got them to go down to $330 shipped a few months ago for the 650's

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #11 of 30

Quote:
$350 isn't too bad of a deal. I remember Amazon used to change prices everyday on the HD650's from $370 to $424, which is pretty crazy cause some people still would buy it at that price.

I remember when I was still in High School, before the HD800, Edition 7 or 9, DX1000, AD2000, or any headphone over $500 existed... HD650 was the high end headphone.  
-  The only headphones that held more esteem and price were the L3000, W5000, Sony Qualia and AKG K1000.  
-  This of course back when I couldn't afford any of this either.  I was using sub $100 headphones and to me those were EXPENSIVE.  So HD650 then was insanity to me.

The most expensive was the HD650 and you couldn't find them anywhere for less than $499.  There used to be so many threads like what we see now about HD800.  Are HD650 really worth $500, wow HD650s are so expensive and not worth it.  There was much greater appreciation for them than now, with the new headphones, the standards whether placebo affect by price or not, HD650s are considered mid-range now.

And if you were really a hot shot, you had balanced HD650s and were considered the grail here.

It's weird how only just a few years ago, HD650/HD600/DT880 were the high end headphones.  Other than Stax.  Heh, money speaks volume, and our opinions change when we see price and adjust.
-  In my personal opinion, there are few things that are more placebo than our hearing.  I notice whenever something is expensive, almost by magic, people begin to believe they hear things that don't actually exist.  

You should have seen the threads when K701 were first released.  That was fun, everyone thought those were godly headphones, and now there are so many hate threads.  

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #12 of 30

Quote:
i got them to go down to $330 shipped a few months ago for the 650's

How did you go about this? Do you just call them up and say, "hey, I'll take a pair for $330 shipped!" or do you ask them for specials, etc? What I want to know is, what exactly do you say to the salesperson to get this discount?

Quote:
I remember when I was still in High School, before the HD800, Edition 7 or 9, DX1000, AD2000, or any headphone over $500 existed... HD650 was the high end headphone.  
-  The only headphones that held more esteem and price were the L3000, W5000, Sony Qualia and AKG K1000.  
-  This of course back when I couldn't afford any of this either.  I was using sub $100 headphones and to me those were EXPENSIVE.  So HD650 then was insanity to me.

The most expensive was the HD650 and you couldn't find them anywhere for less than $499.  There used to be so many threads like what we see now about HD800.  Are HD650 really worth $500, wow HD650s are so expensive and not worth it.  There was much greater appreciation for them than now, with the new headphones, the standards whether placebo affect by price or not, HD650s are considered mid-range now.

And if you were really a hot shot, you had balanced HD650s and were considered the grail here.

It's weird how only just a few years ago, HD650/HD600/DT880 were the high end headphones.  Other than Stax.  Heh, money speaks volume, and our opinions change when we see price and adjust.
-  In my personal opinion, there are few things that are more placebo than our hearing.  I notice whenever something is expensive, almost by magic, people begin to believe they hear things that don't actually exist.  

You should have seen the threads when K701 were first released.  That was fun, everyone thought those were godly headphones, and now there are so many hate threads. 

Well, it wasn't too long ago when I considered any headphones over $100 expensive. Hell, I had to think over it several times before I plonked down $90 for my HD280s.

Then...I came across this forum...now I'm not satisfied after spending $150 on a pair, and am already looking to buy a $350 pair only two weeks later. I hate this site.
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #13 of 30

Quote:
Well, it wasn't too long ago when I considered any headphones over $100 expensive. Hell, I had to think over it several times before I plonked down $90 for my HD280s.

Then...I came across this forum...now I'm not satisfied after spending $150 on a pair, and am already looking to buy a $350 pair only two weeks later. I hate this site.
tongue_smile.gif

The trick is to enjoy the music.  Once you do that, you won't be as worried about the next big headphone.  Look at some of the longest members here, I'd say majority of them are still using headphones from 10-15 years ago and these headphones weren't $500 brand new back then either.  

Jun 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #14 of 30
asked for $320 shipped and told them that was approximately the online price on ebay,etc.  The guy countered with $330.

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #15 of 30

Quote:
The trick is to enjoy the music.  Once you do that, you won't be as worried about the next big headphone.  Look at some of the longest members here, I'd say majority of them are still using headphones from 10-15 years ago and these headphones weren't $500 brand new back then either.  

Bingo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back