Sennheiser HD 650/6XX with NFB-11.28
Aug 1, 2017 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Renato Fury

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking forward to using the Sennheiser HD 650 / 6XX with the NFB-11.28 and future with other headphones in the hope that it will be good to everyone, despite having read great comments about it I do not know if it treats good results with the HD 650 / 6XX, even because I do not want a sound that is average or that is merely good for the price I'm going to pay, I want a spectacular sound, but I do not know if NFB-11.28 will provide me with this, so once again I I count on your help, beforehand I already thank you for help, thank you.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 24
I haven't heard this particular amp/dac but have heard many Audio GD stuff and it is all top notch and great build quality. As for specs it will do justice for the 650's/6xx's. Did you get in on the drop for the 6xx's?

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 24
I haven't heard this particular amp/dac but have heard many Audio GD stuff and it is all top notch and great build quality. As for specs it will do justice for the 650's/6xx's. Did you get in on the drop for the 6xx's?
The products of a brand may all be good, but not always do they bring significant improvements to all headphones even if they are able to drive them, or am I wrong?

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 24
Are you getting the 6xx's?

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #6 of 24
Well the drop is over for the 6xx's. Last I saw was over 17'000 bought them so they might come up on the used market.

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #8 of 24
I don't have that fear and picked up a pair of mint HD-800's for $680 I'm fine with that. There might be another drop be not sure.

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #9 of 24
I'm looking forward to using the Sennheiser HD 650 / 6XX with the NFB-11.28 and future with other headphones in the hope that it will be good to everyone, despite having read great comments about it I do not know if it treats good results with the HD 650 / 6XX, even because I do not want a sound that is average or that is merely good for the price I'm going to pay, I want a spectacular sound, but I do not know if NFB-11.28 will provide me with this, so once again I I count on your help, beforehand I already thank you for help, thank you.

This is why I brought up the speaker example in the other thread. The NFB-11 and HD6XX are great for the money, not just good, but there's still the question if that's what you'd count as "spectacular sound." Hence why I brought up the speakers in the other thread, because what I'd count as spectacular sound comes from $10,000 to $20,000 speakers. And in a way, your drive to get "spectacular sound" waaaay above and beyond just "good for the money" kind of says "money no object" or, more likely, that you do not understand diminishing returns when it comes to audio. You can spend more and get more performance, but the gap in performance from $100 earbuds in an Apple store to a $400 Sennheiser or Grado headphone is still a lot larger than the gap between the $400 Sennheiser to a $1500 Sennheiser or between the $500 Grado to a $1000 Focal.

And that's just headphones and speakers, not yet counting amplifiers and source units.

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #10 of 24
I don't have that fear and picked up a pair of mint HD-800's for $680 I'm fine with that. There might be another drop be not sure.
Headphones are delicate equipment, if they fall once they already risk damaging it permanently, sometimes they already wear out with time even with all the care of the world, so I prefer to buy them new ones.

This is why I brought up the speaker example in the other thread. The NFB-11 and HD6XX are great for the money, not just good, but there's still the question if that's what you'd count as "spectacular sound." Hence why I brought up the speakers in the other thread, because what I'd count as spectacular sound comes from $10,000 to $20,000 speakers. And in a way, your drive to get "spectacular sound" waaaay above and beyond just "good for the money" kind of says "money no object" or, more likely, that you do not understand diminishing returns when it comes to audio. You can spend more and get more performance, but the gap in performance from $100 earbuds in an Apple store to a $400 Sennheiser or Grado headphone is still a lot larger than the gap between the $400 Sennheiser to a $1500 Sennheiser or between the $500 Grado to a $1000 Focal.

And that's just headphones and speakers, not yet counting amplifiers and source units.
I have no doubt that for you the sound of a HD 650 is not a big deal, you are accustomed to using the best products on the market, but I do not, and since I do not have the money or the opportunity to buy and test these products I just have to come here to create a lot of topics and stuff your bag with a lot of questions.

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 24
Headphones are delicate equipment, if they fall once they already risk damaging it permanently, sometimes they already wear out with time even with all the care of the world, so I prefer to buy them new ones.

Uhhh...when he said "another drop" he's referring to how purchases are done by Massdrop, ie like how they make arrangements for the HD6XX and K7XX, not buying one at a discount that has been dropped by the previous owner.

I have no doubt that for you the sound of a HD 650 is not a big deal, you are accustomed to using the best products on the market, but I do not, and since I do not have the money or the opportunity to buy and test these products I just have to come here to create a lot of topics and stuff your bag with a lot of questions.

And what I'm saying is that ultimately it will all still come down to you getting to actually try them out and apart from that there's really no easy way to gauge how much diminishing returns are worth it to you.

Aug 2, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #12 of 24
That is, I will have to test for myself to know if I like it or not ... How I wish I was born in a first world country.
Uhhh...when he said "another drop" he's referring to how purchases are done by Massdrop, ie like how they make arrangements for the HD6XX and K7XX, not buying one at a discount that has been dropped by the previous owner.

And what I'm saying is that ultimately it will all still come down to you getting to actually try them out and apart from that there's really no easy way to gauge how much diminishing returns are worth it to you.
That is, I will have to test for myself to know if I like it or not ... How I wish I was born in a first world country. :triportsad:

Aug 2, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #13 of 24
That is, I will have to test for myself to know if I like it or not ... How I wish I was born in a first world country.

That is, I will have to test for myself to know if I like it or not ... How I wish I was born in a first world country. :triportsad:

Not really. There's a couple other threads here by a guy from rural Massachusetts, and he claims there are not stores anywhere that won't require him to get on a long haul train (or a plane).

By contrast, I'm in Metro Manila, and without traffic I'm only about an hour away from this....
13227523_1167995199917690_8046589284684970903_o.jpg

...and their inventory is far more extensive than that of the store near our family home in Orange County, Southern California. Even Schiit's showroom doesn't have as much as that. On the upside, US Customs agents are not a bunch of punchable nutbags, unlike Philippine Customs agents.

Aug 2, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #14 of 24
Not really. There's a couple other threads here by a guy from rural Massachusetts, and he claims there are not stores anywhere that won't require him to get on a long haul train (or a plane).

By contrast, I'm in Metro Manila, and without traffic I'm only about an hour away from this....
13227523_1167995199917690_8046589284684970903_o.jpg

...and their inventory is far more extensive than that of the store near our family home in Orange County, Southern California. Even Schiit's showroom doesn't have as much as that. On the upside, US Customs agents are not a bunch of punchable nutbags, unlike Philippine Customs agents.
Well, it's but I live in a trash can that is called Brazil in one of the most violent states called Rio de Janeiro, and there are no stores or events of this kind here.

Aug 2, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #15 of 24
Well, it's but I live in a trash can that is called Brazil in one of the most violent states called Rio de Janeiro, and there are no stores or events of this kind here.

I dunno, your country still made it to the BRICs (as in it's the "B" in BRICs) for investors. Also there was one guy here who was posting before and he lives in some high rise in Rio. There's no "P" in there and it's not because we're already at the same level as Singapore, Taiwan, Korea, and Japan.

Given you're in a relatively densely populated area where you have some people with money, look around in local forums. Some of them also get upgraditis and start selling their stuff on the cheap if they run out of houses/rooms to put the extra gear in. Also, where would they buy all that from? I'd seriously doubt all of them only buy stuff when they're on holiday in the US or Europe and then haul them through airports. Look for a local audiophile community - at minimum some of them might hold some kind of event and you can get to listen to something and then have some reference as to what sound you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back