sennheiser hd 600 or 650 for rock music with aune t1???
Dec 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

andreaburlizzi

New Head-Fier
I want to upgrade my setup (i'm coming by sennheiser HD 598) ,which headphone si better for aune t1 AMP, HD 600 or HD 650? I listen rock-pop music, like oasis, muse, ac\dc, metallica, gun's n roses... thanks!

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 10
Go for Grados. SR225i or SR325i or Alessandro MS2 are the best suited headphones for your taste and your equipment.

That is really a matter of taste--which flavor of ice cream that you like best.  I too like the cans you mentioned with rock and electric blues.

The HD 650 is a great rock and blues can--especially with the right amp (I like it with the hybrid Hifiman EF 5).  The HD 600 is a more neutral alrounder.

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 10
That is really a matter of taste--which flavor of ice cream that you like best.  I too like the cans you mentioned with rock and electric blues.

The HD 650 is a great rock and blues can--especially with the right amp (I like it with the hybrid Hifiman EF 5).  The HD 600 is a more neutral alrounder.

HD600 and 650 can be considered as very laid back. The fact that Grados are very bright can be assumed as they are more suitable for rock. Also he haves a tube DAC and amp that may be not enough to power the sennheisers, but is just good for the grados.

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #6 of 10

HD600 and 650 can be considered as very laid back. The fact that Grados are very bright can be assumed as they are more suitable for rock. Also he haves a tube DAC and amp that may be not enough to power the sennheisers, but is just good for the grados.

Not everyone agrees that bright cans are best for rock.  This well respected fellow agrees that the 650 is an excellent flagship level rock can (even above the current Grado flagship, the PS 1000):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_HD650

In addition many, including many on these board, report that they find Grados (and especially the 325) to be harsh and even sibilant.

It's great that you like the Grados best, but not everyone hears it the same way or in the same order.

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 10
  i liked my experience with sennheiser and i want to upgrade with a model of this brand. So you think that hd 650 are better for rock with a tube amp of hd 600?

I'd go with the HD600's. I compared them side by side at length and bought the HD600's even though I came in wanting the HD650's. I find that either one of these are easy to amp.
Edit: I'd be very suspicious of a single tube headphone amp.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #10 of 10
there are many good opinions about this combination (hd 600/hd 650 with aune t1) but i listen almost only pop and rock music... hd 600 are more neutral but i think that hd 650 may be more captivating for genres that i like! the price is pratically the same in my country so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back