Sennheiser HD 598 VS. V-MODA Crossfade M-80. VS. Audio-Technica ATH-M50S
Dec 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Deadlion

New Head-Fier
I got a very good deal on the three of them but I can only buy one pair of cans. If you were in my position what would you buy?

Sennheiser HD 598 for $159 or the
V-MODA Crossfade M-80 for $89 or the

Audio-Technica ATH-M50S for $139

What pair has better SQ and what is a better deal?

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 6
IMHO, those are very different headphones. Vmoda has emphasized bass. The Sennheiser is much smoother through the midrange. They really don't sound similar at all. If you want more bass, then you will think the Vmoda has better SQ. If you want more neutral, then you will think the Sennheiser has better SQ.

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #5 of 6
Get the HD558. Cheaper, has more bass, and is just as great as the HD598. And you can turn it to a HD598 (almost) with a simple removal of a piece of tape later on if you wish.

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 6
i own the m80s and the hd598s and id say that the question can be answered easily if you explain what sort of music you like. m80 has more sub bass then the hd598s but i have to say if you want bass look somewhere else since there isnt much there. hd598 are on my head right now and have been for awhile and a youtube video is playing in the background as i type this because they are great for all around listening and anything with stereo audio. im selling my m80s now because the way i use headphones means im wearing them for a long time and if the same can be said for you i dont recommend the m80s as they will hurt your ears after awhile. hd598 on the other hand are comfortable to the point where you can easily forget yo are wearing headphones, especially since they are wide open in the back. hd558s are a solid choice but the hd598 look super sweet which i admit swayed me to buy them over ath-m50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back