sennheiser HD 598 Question
Jan 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Davrix

New Head-Fier
Been doing a lot of reading and looking and pretty much decided to get a pair of these or use with my computer.

Mainly I was looking to get a pair that was both good for gaming and music as I do a good amount of both for 200 or under on the price right now. If anyone has anything better they want to recommend I am willing to listen

My biggest question is really, do I need an amp to get the most out of these headphones and if so anyone have any good recommendations for under the 100 dollar price range.

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 5
I don't think an amp would be the best choice, the money spent on one may very well be used for a better headphone, so I believe the value isn't the greatest. I'm not super experienced with the HD598 so you should probably get some more opinions first.

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #3 of 5
They don't need a big expensive amp. Even a cheap Fiio or just a decent desktop PC soundcard is enough. 
For a $100 amp you'll be only getting maybe a 3-5% improvement in sound.

The first thing to do is make sure you're listening to AT LEAST 320Kbps mp3 files, or preferably lossless formats like flac.
That's a much better way to improve your sound quality at the beginning. 

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 5
Well I guess that answers my question about an amp.

Did anyone have any other recommendations when it came to comparable headphones in the 200 range that do well for both music and gaming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back