Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back
Nov 11, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #32 of 290
  Hi xela3,
I see that you own and owned a nice variety of headphones. 
Do you think these 598 closed are good for classical?
Are they bassier than the 598 opened or the m50x?
Right now I own the m50x and am a daily classical music listener.
Thanks

If you want to listen to classical music go with HD 380 pro for portable use and HD 650 for home use with good amp. They are not good with classical music.. Bassier than HD 598 open, dunno about m50x.

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #33 of 290
  Hi xela3,
I see that you own and owned a nice variety of headphones. 
Do you think these 598 closed are good for classical?
Are they bassier than the 598 opened or the m50x?
Right now I own the m50x and am a daily classical music listener.
Thanks

I don't listen to a lot of classical so I wouldn't be able to answer that but they are bassier then the hd 598 open to me and i like the bass better on these then the m50xs.

Nov 25, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #39 of 290
Anyone know whether these will work plugged in a PS4 controller? I see it has a mic with single button controller, which sounds a bit vague. I'm looking at picking them up mainly for my stereo but would be a nice plus if I could use them for party chat while playing a game. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #40 of 290
Sale on for the last hour in the U.S., got mine 30 minutes ago.  Wasn't even showing on the deals of the day page, I had to go directly to item to see sale price.
However now it's showing on the deals page.
My first post, been lurking for years.  Hope these phones lives up to the Sennheiser name.

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #41 of 290
  Black Friday deal on amazon.de !!!
I just got them!

I got myself a pair for $110 Canadian on Amazon.ca.  I bought the 598SE last year on boxing day for the same price.

I was watching to see if the Beyerdynamic DT770 280 ohm would go lower from the pre-boxing price of $170 but they actually put the price UP to $249 Canadian...dammit I should have snagged them earlier but thought they might go lower.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #43 of 290
The comparision review with the H6 leads me to think that these Closed Back 598s have a similarly "polite" bass? I tested both generations of the H6 and found the treble to be impressive but the bass had too little impact for me. I checked out some reviews of the same spec 569s and there was mention of slightly rolled off highs - that doesn't sound comparable to the H6s I've heard.

How would these 598s CS compare to the overear Momentums?

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #45 of 290
It is nice for sennhieser to have a closed back version and I am thinking about getting one.
You have the openback and if you look at the specs side by side, the openback seems
to have "better" numbers so the closed back may not be necessary as an upgrade and 598 ob are super good anyways.
Otherwise it can be a portable go-to version of what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back