Sennheiser HD 598 2.5 mm locking plug?
Oct 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bugeyed

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone know if this locking 2.5 mm plug is available for purchase? Is it a proprietary type lock, or can I find the plugs at suppliers?
I have cables & 3.5mm connector & want to recable my 598's.

Thanks,
kev

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 9
Oct 13, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanks guys. I saw that posting about the cables. That's what made me wonder if the plugs are available by themselves. I did go ahead & order the one from China, but still want to make my own with some very good wire that I am not using. 

Thanks,
kev

Oct 14, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 9
  Thanks guys. I saw that posting about the cables. That's what made me wonder if the plugs are available by themselves. I did go ahead & order the one from China, but still want to make my own with some very good wire that I am not using. 

When you get the one from China, just cut off the 2.5mm plug and attach it to your custom cable.

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #6 of 9
  When you get the one from China, just cut off the 2.5mm plug and attach it to your custom cable.

I may do that if I am able to open the connector. I prefer not do a splice job, so it depends on the connector. BTW I had a brief email communication with the seller & he is very responsive & sincerely wants to provide good service. That is very refreshing when ordering from China. The communication was in regards to changing my order & I did not inquire about the connectors. If I like the connector/cable that I receive, I may check back with the seller.
Cheers,
kev

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #7 of 9
hi all

I've ordered this one (the very first, called "black") this morning for my Momentum. Just have to wait a couple of weeks now.
The seller is really nice. I've asked for 5 pièces: 13$; shipping costs included!

I re-enter the direct link (dunno where it went...)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-5mm-3-pole-Stereo-Male-Repair-Jack-Plug-Audio-Connector-DIY-Solder-adapter-for-Senheiser/32261621241.html

Sorry, have not seen it's a so old thread ...
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #8 of 9
  Anyone know if this locking 2.5 mm plug is available for purchase? Is it a proprietary type lock, or can I find the plugs at suppliers?
I have cables & 3.5mm connector & want to recable my 598's.

Thanks,
kev

I have a question:

The headphone end is a 2.5mm socket or 3.5mm socket?
If 2.5mm, is the socket designed for balanced TRRS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back