Sennheiser HD 595 Sound Problem
Nov 7, 2008 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mattyb

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

For some strange reason, my sennheiser HD 595's have dropped in volume. They still sound just as good, and all my mixer settings are fine (running through an auzentech prelude 7.1 x-fi card.)

I don't need an amp for these headphones as they have always been loud enough. Even at full volume it would usually be too loud, and now its not "loud" enough depending on the source of the audio.

Most Mp3s I can listen to ok, but the Wave in my mixer and the main volume control have to be turned all the way up to maximum, whereas before they didn't have to be. Does anyone know whats going on? I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance,

Matty B.

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #2 of 6
It could be many things, the sound card, or the headphones, or maybe the volume control in the mixer.

Hopefully it isn't your cans nor the mixer, but to me it sound like maybe it's the drivers in your cans. Kind of sounds like they are dying or something along those lines.

I don't know much. but that's what it sounds like to me. I'll look into it more for you.

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #3 of 6
It might be worth opening up the headphones and confirming that the drivers are okay and in properly in place.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because I had purchased a used pair a few years ago and was having issues with a lack of bass "punch" from one of the drivers. I sent it off to Sennheiser and was told that nothing was wrong with them. Then I decided to open them up myself and found that one of the drivers was loose. It's pretty easy to open up and put back together.

Nov 7, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #4 of 6
I have no idea how to take them apart ay. They'd still be under warranty (12 months.) Ive only had them around 3 months I think.. but they came from a store in the other side of my country.. unless you just send them directly to sennheiser urself?

in any case.. I really don't want to part with these headphones
frown.gif
not even for a day! but where the volume used to be say rated on a scale of 1 - 100 in terms of loudness.. instead of being at 100 being the loudest.. it now sits around 70 - 80.. so its definately lost volume.

I might try plugging them into another computer and see what happens.

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I'm sure it's your computer. Your headphone won't drop in volume like that. It's very unlikely and I can't explain why a headphone would drop in volume.

Don't take them apart for thinking there is a driver loose. That won't be the case.

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #6 of 6
Headphone cant drop in volume... if its damaged it ll sound too bad before losing volume.

so its problem with your Soundcard settings.

can u try using a cheap $10 usb soundcard to just test it?

or try Fiio E3.

HD595 are 50 Ohm but they benefit a lot with a decent amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back