Sennheiser HD 590 Owner's
Jun 16, 2003 at 7:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Jasper994

Organizer for Can Jam '09
Does anyone with a pair of Sennheiser HD 590's notice a large amount of pressure on the top of your head from these cans? I love the way they sound, but wearing them in any position other than laying down is becoming painful if for more than 20 mins or so.

Jun 16, 2003 at 9:27 AM Post #3 of 15
Have to agree with Roy2001 on this. The 590s apply hardly any pressure to my head.

Jun 16, 2003 at 9:55 AM Post #5 of 15
Mine are great too - no problems here. And I use them for hours at a time (sound editing, movies, etc). I did find the HD600's a little tight though..but not uncomfortably tight in the short time I used them.

Jun 16, 2003 at 4:06 PM Post #6 of 15
Just got the 590's myself and I find them very comfortable. Sorry to hear you're having issues with them.
frown.gif

I actually don't like pressure on top of my head, thus; I extend them as far as they'd go. Since I have a big head, they rest just fine with only the pressure around my ears, with just the slightest on top of my head. I do this with my grados...
wink.gif

Jun 19, 2003 at 2:42 PM Post #9 of 15
I guess I was just wearing headphones for too many hours in a day!!! I stopped wearing headphones that came in contact w/the top of my head for a couple days, and now when I put on my Senn's, they feel great!
biggrin.gif
frown.gif
biggrin.gif
has anyone had a pair of the MX 400/500's? I need a pair for work that sound good, but don't put pressure on the top of my head all day. I currently have a pair of Sony earbuds, but they sound like garbage. I don't want to spend more that $100. Thanks for the help.

Jun 19, 2003 at 8:07 PM Post #11 of 15
No, the problem was that I was wearing headphones for 12-14 hours per day for a few (since I got the Senn's) weeks... the pressure on the top of my head started bothering me... the 590's put the most pressure on the top of my head (since they don't have a lot of clamping force on the sides of my head) of all the headphones that I have so I blamed them... If I only wear over the head headphones for a few hours a day like I used to I'll be fine...

Jun 19, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #12 of 15
I think you need to adjust the head band.

590 is one of the most comfortable phone I can say. It is only 10 oz, so I really cannot figure out the reason you feel presure on your head. Hope you will enjoy it.

Jun 20, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #13 of 15
well. i had a similar problem with my 580's.. but once i wore them for about a week.. they broken in a loosend up. They fit like a glove now

Jun 20, 2003 at 6:26 AM Post #14 of 15
Got some MX500's for work, they sound really good for ear buds... much better than the Sony's that I have!
wink.gif
As for the 590's I really enjoy them, they sound incredible, and the soundstage is amazing, but I think I'll be restricting my use of them to home, that will cut 8-9 hours of over the head headphone time out of my day. Problem solved
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the help!

Hey! where's the 590 smile?!?
smily_headphones1.gif
I guess that will have to do...

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #15 of 15
I got this can in 2007? around I had this ever since.  I love this can, right now I'm thinking about custom cable for this baby...Hmmmm...yes who i don't know I need
to research some ppl or company...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back