Sennheiser HD 580-650 connectors
Jul 26, 2005 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Nightpuma

New Head-Fier
Hi.

Just wondered if anyone know if the headphone connectors for HD 580-650 are possible to get anywhere. Also looking for a source for the Cardas cable in bulk.

Theo

Jul 26, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 9
I know you can buy the cardas bulk from this site:

http://www.moon-audio.com/

On the left click on "Headphone & Portable Cables" then go about 2/3 of the way down the page until you see the Cardas replacement cable. Right there the guy writes that he can sell the cardas in bulk for a healthy $8/ft. He also sells cardas connectors like the 1/4" plug not the senn plugs. I don't know if you can buy those anywhere. If you find them let me know!!

Jul 26, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 9
you cut them off new senn replacement cables like everyone else.

cardas bulk cable can be purchased from any Cardas retailer, the headphone cable people use is called cardas 24 x 4 with shield.

Todd r and moon audio both are suppliers of the cable.
I usually go to todd for my cardas stuff, hes always been really helpful to me.

Jul 27, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 9
i am curious how you take apart the enclosure holding the pins and actually reuse them
confused.gif

Jul 27, 2005 at 11:09 PM Post #6 of 9
you splice or use an exacto and cut a small portion of the connector body away. or you can be as daring as AKzip and remove the pins solder and reinsert

Jul 28, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
you cut them off new senn replacement cables like everyone else.

(Them being sennheiser connectors)

Where do you buy senn replacement cables and for what price? I assume you mean the stock senheiser cable. As you can guess, googling for sennheiser cable gets hits, but they all point to Zu Mobius, Cardas, etc, but not to the stock cable.

Jul 28, 2005 at 6:56 AM Post #8 of 9
I dont know the link off the top of my head, but type sennheiser USA in google then go to there USA site and visit their shop, it should be in the HD650 accesories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back