Sennheiser HD 579 with lg v10 help?
Nov 26, 2016 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

binarystar34

New Head-Fier
Hello all. I come today hoping for some assistance. I recently ordered a pair of sennheiser hd 579 off of Amazon because I wanted a set of headphones that can match the high impedance mode on the LG v10 which automatically triggers at 50ohm or greater. have a pair of Koss ksc75 that trigger the high impedance mode just fine but after doing some research online I am concerned that the HD 579 might have some issues..

I read on some posts on here that when using sennheisers 6.3 to 3.5 mm adaptor that it will not trigger the high gain mode, only aux or normal mode. The people writing this were using a 558 or 598, and I can barely find any information on the 579 besides directly from sennheiser as it is, probably because it's so new. Does anyone have any experience with the LG v10 working in high impedance mode with a 6.3 to 3.5mm adaptor or will I have to purchase a separate cord all together?

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #2 of 2
I don't know if you have already found your answer. But I would assume that adding the adapter would raise the impedance just a tad. Now whether it triggers the high gain mode on your amp I don't know, but it should.

And yes I find it strange there is no talk on head-fi of this headphone. I find it pretty amazing sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back