Sennheiser HD-570's....
Mar 27, 2002 at 5:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

se7enty7

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I am not very new to the forums, as for the past couple weeks I have really gotten into headphones and what is good and what is not. I bought a pair of sony mdr-v600's and found out what was not. I got a decent deal, $70 with shipping, and am now selling them on e-bay.. (already at $69, so I am pretty sure I will get my money back). I was looking into sennheiser HD-590's after reading the reviews and such. Well, right as I was about to order a set ( $150 shipped ) I was at best buy with a friend and saw that they sell sennheiser's. I was much more than excited as he gets an EXCELLENT discount there... However, the best that the have are the HD-570's and the RS-65's (wireless). I was unable to find ANY reviews on the RS-65's, but as far as the 570's, people either loved em or hated em. I am going to have them primarily hooked up to a sb audigy sound card, and sometimes hooked up to a Denon 1601 (I think that's the model) reciever. I would like them to be portable (to take with me from work to home, etc.) I can get the 570's for $60, and the RS-65's for like $129, or maybe a little more for the RS-65's, I don't remember. I will be playing games on the pc, and listening to mp3's and high quality cd's through the Denon.

Any recommendations? Is it worth it to get the 590's for the extra $70? Should I go with the RS-65's at that price? I listened to them both at best buy, but it was through a POS sony portable cd player, and not quality music at that.

Thanks for your help, and thanks for having this board, it has helped me a lot so far..

Mar 27, 2002 at 7:33 AM Post #2 of 6
It is worth going all the way to get the HD590. Its not worth getting the HD570. I own them and I think they are ok, but for the money now, there are much better alternatives.

Mar 27, 2002 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 6
The 590s are great phones, especially if you take into consideration the fact that it performs respectably even without dedicated amplification. However, there are alternatives in its price range, especially the Grados which are definitely worth looking at.

Mar 27, 2002 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 6
I know what the 590's are better, but I can get the 570's for $60!.. and the RS-65's for a little over a hundred!! Are the 590's THAT much better?

It just seems a little... absurd.. to pay so much more...

How are the RS-65's?

Mar 27, 2002 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 6
se7enty7, the RS-65 is a "wireless" headphone that replaces the RS-60. The RS-60, as Headroom had previously reviewed, was among the better-sounding "cordless" headphones without spending way too much money - but then again, no cordless headphone sounds as good as a corded headphone that sells for half the price.

Mar 28, 2002 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 6
UPDATE: Headroom has a review of the RS-65: They said the RS-65 sounds the best of the wireless headphones on the market. The more expensive RS-85 is similar, but has RF shielding (but obviously not worth the price increase over the RS-65).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back